See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the weekend on our way to Bar Harbor and we loved it. Randee and Norm are wonderful and made us feel very welcome. Randee's breakfasts were phenomenal. We didn't bring our dog, but we can't wait to visit again with him.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Beautiful (and clean!) accommodations, wonderful breakfast fare and close to many areas of interest in Southern Maine. Our lab, Doughie, just adored the place and so did we. Thanks to Randee and Norm for providing a delightful venue for folks traveling with their canine companions. Looking forward to visiting the Hounds Tooth Inn again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lori L
Reviewed 10 May 2012

The trip from Manhattan to Kennebunk was well worth it. Steve, Sunny puppy and I had the chance to experience a welcoming vacation without having to worry about anything so we could simply relax and enjoy our stay. We were greeted outside and shown through the main areas of the B&B right away. There were treats for the dog and extra bowls if needed too. There was coffee and tea of many varieties available. The room was HUGE with a fireplace and separate seating area. Clean and decorated in a homey way. The backyard has a fenced off area for the dogs, thought I often took the sidewalk across the street up Summer Street to enjoy seeing the beautiful homes. The car ride to Kennebunkport and the beach was about 10 minutes which allowed for plenty more time to spend walking along the shops and the coast. The beach was great for Sunny to run free and chase her first seagull. I was provided with ample suggestions of places to go while waiting for my delicious and nutritious morning breakfasts. I will let is be a surprise, but it was not your average muffin or cereal choice. All in all, a terrific place to stay. I'm sure we will be back again. Thanks for the kind hospitality that is so often lost in the hotel setting. Wanda~

Room Tip: I'm sure any room would be great. Though the larger room on the main floor was ours and it was bigger then many apartments in Manhattan. Having a separate living room was great.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Randi and Norm are great people with the best B&B in New England, anywhere for that matter. I highly recommend The Hounds Tooth Inn. I look forward to seeing you again.

Charlie, Karen, Noah and Jake

Room Tip: They're all good.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We took a spur of the moment trip up to kennebunk in may of 2011 with our 6 month puppy Cabot. We were extremely lucky to have found the houndstooth inn with a vacant room for the weekend. With it's close proximity to seasonal dog friendly beaches, dog parks, and the village, it made for a relaxing weekend and a great atmosphere.

The owners are true dog lovers and we didn't felt more at home, us or Cabot. The owners supplied us with a lot of information about local eateries, shops, and parks; all of which were pet friendly. The rates were well priced and included wonderful breakfasts that kept us going well into the afternoon. We are so glad we stayed at the houndstooth inn and hope we are lucky enough to get a room again this year.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple