“My Move To Kennebunk”
Review of Hounds Tooth Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kennebunk
Hounds Tooth Inn
Ranked #7 of 14 Kennebunk B&B and Inns
Nanuet, New York
“My Move To Kennebunk”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

During my move to Kennebunk I needed a place for my Abbey and Aiden (my 2 cats) to stay while I was in the process of closing on my new home in Kennebunk. I was really concerned how they would react since they had never been outside of our home. After a five hour ride they were a little bit skittish, but slept very well by the third day they were acting as if they were back in their old home. I cannot thank Randee enough for making my Fur Babies and I feel so welcome, and making the transition so easy for my Abbey and Aiden. The Room was so comfortable and I slept well the two nights I spent at The Hounds Tooth Inn, which is not normal for me whenever I spend time away from home. I highly recommend the Hounds Tooth Inn as a Comfortable and Relaxing place for you and your Fur Babies.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Billerica, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Our stay at the H.T.I. was fantastic. One of the best places we've stayed at in decades. The owners are the friendliest, down to earth people you could want. Randee, Norm and Tegan made sure our dog felt welcome. They treated us like visiting relatives, the good kind, not in-laws. There are four distinct rooms to stay in. A huge kitchen and dining area are available for human guests. guests. The Kitchen counter is stocked with a "help yourself "jar full of dog treats. A fresh homemade greeted the humans. All the rooms, the front entrance area and a common sitting room are available to those with two and four legs. The back has a fenced in yard for guests of the barking kind. The rooms and common areas and kitchen were kept spotless. Randee and Norm really thought of everything, there are motion lights in most of the common rooms and hallways so late night wanderers can get around without bumping into walls. We stayed three nights, each morning Randee prepared a feast for breakfast. This included fresh fruit juice, coffee, tea, muffins and a main course. My wife’s, gluten free diet was not an issue for the experienced, master, breakfast maker. On our last morning, she was treated to an entire mini loaf of GF fruit bread that accompanied her custom made omelet. I think it was the biggest breakfast my wife ever had. The property is located on a residential road, a short drive to a very, dog friendly beach. Don't overlook the huge dog park on the way to the beach. I've no doubt our dog had one of the best weekends in her life. All of us, pooch included already miss the hospitality we were shown over the weekend. Dog's of all breeds and sizes are welcome. We have a hound which was a little bonus as that is Randee's favorite breed. If my dog was able, she'd give it a four Paw rating. Thank you Randee, Norm, and Tegan for making us feel so welcome.

Room Tip: There are four rooms to choose from, each has differenct characteristics. Best to call and talk to R...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Medford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My partner, Clare, Beba, our wonder dog and I spent Oscar week end at the Hounds Tooth.. The superlatives haven't been written to describe the gorgeous, spacious and wholly comfortable room (the King's Court), delicious and bountiful breakfasts and Beba's total freedom (except for the kitchen). Most memorable was Randee's complete attentiveness to our needs. We left thinking about a summer stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Lakeville, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My husband and I spent three nights here last summer with our terrier, Buckley, and loved it. The inn was charming, clean, in a great location, beautiful grounds and gardens, bed was comfortable, the room was spacious. Randee was welcoming and informative about the area, and made us a delicious and hearty breakfast. There is a little fenced yard in the back where dogs can meet each other. Randee's dog was was sweet and friendly. Buckley was comfortable and relaxed. The inn is close to dog-friendly beaches and a number of restaurants that allow dogs on the patio. Some good hikes in the area. Portland is about 1/2 hour away. Great area, wonderful place to stay when you vacation with your dog.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We gave this review a title of "A Dog's Paradise" but Randee and Norm take very good care of the people, too, at this wonderful B & B in Kennebunk. Our little dog, Jake, thought he had died and gone to heaven...he had his own area outside to play with his frisbee and the other dogs! We stayed upstairs and our room was clean, comfy, and cozy. One warning...you need to go to breakfast hungry because the food is very good and quite plentiful :-). Randee had great suggestions of things to do in the area. We will definitely be back for a visit to the Hounds Tooth Inn!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cindy G
Hingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We spent two nights at the Hounds Tooth Inn in mid October. We enjoyed a warm reception, tasty, hardy breakfasts and excellent guidence from the Inn Keeper. Our dog enjoyed her stay. The facilities for the dog are great and she was comftable and welcome.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This was our first visit to Houndstooth Inn. It a wonderful experience, from the warmth of the inn keepers, Randee and Norman, to the coziness of the Inn. Amelia, my sons' German Shepard, enjoyed her first experience around other dogs, around many people walking in Kennebunkport, going on a boat ride, at the beach and romping in the river with her cousin Brady, my sisters' Golden Doodle. Every morning we were served a wonderful breakfast and started our day with full bellies. The Inn was spotless and our room very inviting. The area is beautiful and very pet friendly. Would not hesitate making a return visit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunk
King's Port Inn
#4 of 14 in Kennebunk
Yachtsman Lodge & Marina
Yachtsman Lodge & Marina
#10 of 26 in Kennebunkport

Been to Hounds Tooth Inn? Share your experiences!