See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 September 2014

Randee and Norm made the three of us -- my wife, our dog, and me -- feel at home right away: they greeted us at the door, gave us a tour of the beautiful grounds, helped us with our bags, and led us to our suite. They assured us that our dog was welcome everywhere except the kitchen, and brought us to a fenced area where their their dog and ours had a nice romp.

The Inn is located in scenic Kennebunk, a short drive from a variety of attractions: dog-friendly beaches, hiking, great restaurants, scenery, and shopping.

Our room was spacious, with a sitting area and private bath. The decor was charming.

Breakfast was served family-style; it was homemade and delicious every morning, chock full of vegetables from the Innkeeper's garden. We enjoyed visiting with Randee and the other guests, and talking with them about our adventures from the past day and plans for the next. We also shared some late afternoons on the grounds together as the sun went down.

We enjoyed every moment of our week at the Hounds Tooth Inn and would recommend it to anyone visiting southern Maine.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scottygch
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I have never in all my years of traveling felt so comfortable at a place like I did here! Randy & Norm are the sweetest people I know.. Not to mention how clean the rooms are as well as the grounds being so Beautiful... And Randy Kudos to you and your lovely breakfast you prepared for us every morning... We will miss you:)

Joel and Caron Harrison

Reviewed 31 August 2014

We were greeted in the driveway by Randi & Norm. We then were introduced to Keegan their dog and felt welcomed immediately. The Inn was quaint and clean and extremely dog friendly. Our animals had a great time. Both owners were great and treated us like family and we were sad to leave. We stayed in the suite and there was plenty of room for us and our two small dogs. I would recommend this Inn for anyone who wants to travel with their pets and feel comfortable that they are truly welcome. It's also very conveniently located for anyone to stay even if you are not bringing your pet. The owner's are very good with providing things to do and places to see. Breakfast was delightful.

Room Tip: Go with the suite it was great!
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The Hound’s Tooth Inn is a delightful bed and breakfast hotel in Kennebunk. Randee and Norm, the proprietors, are very gracious people who work very hard to assure that their guests are happy.

The breakfasts which Randee prepares are outstanding including wonderful French toast, pancakes, omelets, home-made jam, fruit, vegetables from her garden and many other delicacies. Due to heart problems, I have to be on a special low fat, low cholesterol diet.
Randee made sure that everything I was served was either vegan, non-fat dairy or based on egg whites. Everything was delicious. She makes sure to accommodate all dietary preferences.

The rooms were large, pleasant, beautifully decorated and very comfortable.

The Hound’s Tooth is a dog-friendly hotel. Our Westie (Harry) and all the other canine guests loved it. There was plenty of room on the extensive grounds for us to walk our best friend.

We stayed at the Hound’s Tooth Inn in August of 2013 and visited again in August of 2014. We had a wonderful time during each visit.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We reserved one of the suites about 6 weeks prior to our stay, spoke with the owners to confirm, paid half deposit, and received a confirmation email. They requested we call prior to arrival so that they could come out to greet the dogs. On the evening of our confirmed arrival date we pulled into town around 5pm. We called as requested but no answer. Left two voicemails while waiting around town for the next hour with still no answer. Finally just drove to the inn. When we walked into the driveway the owner greeted me by saying "who are you?" When I said who I was she responded "today?" I brought out my email to show her the reservation dates to which she responded "oh...well all the days blend together". Needless to say the suite we reserved (and paid almost $400 deposit for) wasn't available and she showed us instead to a much smaller room, a bit dingy and very low ceilings - a very unwelcome prospect for a couple with an almost 6ft 3 person and two larger dogs. When I suggested that this mistake was pretty concerning the owner responded as if I was in error saying "well the bed is bigger in here anyway" - no apology, no attempt to remedy. At this point I stepped out to the driveway where I was lucky enough to be able to reserve a large room at a hotel in portland which accommodated both dogs. They did refund me my deposit but I was surprised that they never followed up with an apology or offer of free stay as you would expect from a business who made that type of error. Having gotten a brief tour I would say if you have larger active dogs or are looking for any type of privacy on a couples vaca it is pretty tight quarters. Seem like nice enough people but a huge letdown after planning this vaca for 2 months.

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank Ottojune8484
HoundsTooth, Owner at Hounds Tooth Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

After eleven years of bookings we had our first 1 day overlap in rooms. We were able to offer an alternative room with a larger bed. We did express our apologies several times, but the focus was on a iphone search even though you acknowledged us when we took you to our courtyard to stretch your 2 dogs legs. The alternative room was on the same floor as your preferred selected room and being an 1843 farmhouse all rooms on the 2nd floor have low ceilings of just under 7’. We were glad you found another location that suited you and your family. We hope you had a wonderful vacation in Maine.

Best Regards, Randee & Norm