“Great find in Kennebunkport”

The Kennebunker Cottages
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kennebunk
The Kennebunker Cottages
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We recently spent 3 nights at the Kennebunker Cottages and had a great experience that we wanted to share with fellow travellers. The amazing rates for nightly and weekly rentals is what first caught our attention but upon exchanging calls with property owner, Chris, we truly felt welcomed. This is a great opportunity to enjoy the richness of Kennebunkport without paying a fortune for accommodations. The location was ideal - 4 min drive to the beach and they will even throw in a parking pass with deposit. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 September 2011

These are great cottages about a mile away from the beach, in a quiet spot perfect for biking to the beach. The proprietors are friendly and very helpful. Absolutely the best place to stay in the area without paying an arm & a leg.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank khill42
Reviewed 7 September 2010

These cottages are rough but adequate. If you are a tent camper you will not be put off by the lack of refinement. The service was poor. They took dirty towels every day but did not replace everything they removed. They left the door ajar both days after getting dirty towels; this can be disconcerting if you leave valuables in your room. The shower was the worst part. It was cramped and the shower head was high pressure with low volume and not adjustable: for spray type or direction. It is the bare basics and nothing more. The location is nice but probably will not return.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davecardz
Reviewed 21 August 2010

When I booked there was only one cabin open and it had 2 twins, which was not really an issue as I was traveling alone. The owner was very concerned and offered to move me mid week to a room with a double bed. I told him it was not necessary and that I was okay with the twin bed. I got up and left for day the next morning, when I came back I found he had removed the two twin beds and put up a double bed in my cabin! Way above and beyond what would be done by any other hotel/motel. While there are not the "typical" ammeneties most are now used to such as AC and WIFI, they are very comfy with all the basics and as a nice bonus they offer a beach pass to all of the Kennebunk beaches. The location is good with plenty of things to do and see in the area, the nature preserves are close and have several nice trails. I will certainly mark this as a place to return to next year for my weekly retreat. I have told everyone at work about it and would recommend it to everyone, the only complaint I would share it the mattresses are not very comfortable, but I do need to add the caveat that I have a pretty good mattress at home so may not be that objective..

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2010

We were happy to find a place that you could stay for such a low price. But beware the low price is evident when you check in. The room was small and damp the entire time we were there. There is not near enough parking for the cottages, more than one night we were blocked in with other cars. And after my shower one day, the bathroom door was so warrped that is would not open. The old knob on the door broke as I tried to get out, and the owner had the nerve to yell at my boyfriend for forcing the door open. Apparently he thought I should have had to stayed in the bathroom until he opened the door. Also the website claims they have a full kitchen and ice machine, but the owner does not want you take the ice. He watches everything that goes on. It was not the beach vacation we were hoping for. Needless to say we wont be ever going back.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2009

We were in town for a wedding and decided to book our stay at the Kennebunker Cottages. When I first booked the trip, I wasn't sure how many of my family would be staying with me and on what dates. Upon arriving with my 2 brothers, Bret (owner of the cottages) said he would give us a bigger cottage for the 3 of us because he believed the original cottage I had booked wasn't going to be big enough. The cottage he gave us for the next 2 nights (at no additional charge) had 2 good-size bedrooms, a full bathroom, a kitchenette (2-burner stove, sink, plates/silverware/cooking pans/utensils and a small fridge) and a large sitting/living room area. I was totally impressed!!! The place was very clean and cozy!
On the second night my boyfriend joined us... still enough room for all of us!!!
By the third night it was just my boyfriend and I so Bret moved us to the original cottage I had booked. Still very nice and cozy (minus the kitchenette that I enjoyed using)!
I really appreciate them going above and beyond over our inconvenience!!!
The staff was very professional and polite! They had our cottage supplied with fresh linens everyday! It was sure nice coming back in the evenings to a fresh, clean cottage!!!
The cottage is a straight shot up Sea Road from the ocean and Kennebunk Beach! The location was perfect! We were walking distance from downtown Kennebunk!
This will definitely be the place we will stay the next time we're in Kennebunk. Rates were priced just right (a lot lower than most cottages in the area). The staff was excellent! And the cottages themselves were perfect for our accommodations (even getting ready for a wedding)!!!
We would highly recommend this place to anyone!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family