“Wonderful Stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kennebunk
Elizabeth Rose House
Ranked #3 of 14 Kennebunk B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I was a part of a wedding group that stayed at the Elizabeth Rose House this last weekend. The house was reserved for anyone from the wedding who wished to stay there. My husband and I reserved the Boon Island Lighthouse room. It was a lovely room with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom wasn't that big, but we preferred a little bit of a bigger room versus a bigger bathroom. We had the bridal shower and day-of-the-wedding bridesmaids luncheon at the house and the owners were more than accommodating. Also, we locked ourselves out of our room 3 times... I blame my husband of course, and the owners opened it up gladly every time. The breakfast was very good which fresh baked banana bread and fruits and cereal. There were other items, I just don't remember. I know they don't serve a full hot breakfast, but what they do provide is yummy and plentiful. The owners told me that they would have to spend another $10,000 for a special stove and permit or something. So as of right now, they're not legally allowed to cook breakfast for guests. But breakfast was still yummy! We all also loved their little dog, Chloe. She would hang out with us on the screened-in porch and we enjoyed her company. Overall, all of my friends and I had a great time at the Elizabeth Rose House and will visit again if we're in the area!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kelikea
There are newer reviews for Elizabeth Rose House

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Once again ten of us returned to the Elizabeth Rose House on Kentucky Derby weekend. The hospitality is outstanding and the owners, Paul and Betsy, could not be more accommodating and truly were more a part of our group than "care takers". Once again the rooms were outstanding, clean and spacious. This was the second visit to Elizabeth Rose for our group of ten and to please all of us is no small feat. We are already looking forward to Derby weekend next year at the Elizabeth Rose House. If you are visiting the area this is truly the place to stay!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert M
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Our daughter won us the certificate for a night stay at the ERH, and we're already planning our next trip back! The warm welcoming and friendly conversation, made you feel like you're family! Never being up there before, Betsy gave us a map that she customized for us, by circling the places she knew we'd enjoy, after listening to what we like doing. Had a WONDERFUL time, and can't wait to go again!

Room Tip: All the rooms have their own bathroom, and an extremely comfortable bed, we chose the room with the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica B
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Our family of four couples stayed at the Elizabeth Rose House this past weekend as we celebrated a retirement. We all agreed that the warm hospitality of, and interesting conversations with both owners, Betsy and Paul, made our family gathering even more special. We were constantly urged to "make yourselves at home"....and we did ! The B&B was extremely clean and comfortable. All rooms were very nicely furnished. The beds were so comfortable that we asked Betsy the mattress manufacturer. Nice walk to Main St., Kennebunk, and close proximitry to Kennebunkport as well as routes 95 and 1.
The continental breakfast had a wonderful assortment of homemade baked goods, fruit, and cereal.
We all rate the Elizabeth Rose House five stars, and plan to be back, soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are terrific !
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank retire13
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Our stay at the Elizabeth House was Fantastic. Great Room, Great Hospitality,by owners Paul and Betsy! 5 Star Rating from Us! Highly Recommended to All!! Very Comfy Bedding and Very Clean! Paul and Betsy Were Very Informative on Restraunts and points of Interests within the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brad T
Reviewed 2 February 2013

My family has stayed at the Elizabeth Rose a handful of times in the past 3 years. One of our daughters is a college student in Brunswick, Maine so it is a great stopping point for us since the B&B is so conveniently off the highway. Every time, the Elizabeth Rose House has offered us a warm, clean and well thought-out room. Every room I have stayed in has a private and clean bathroom, a flat screen tv and comfortable bed and furnishing.

The Elizabeth Rose is a great location for travelers continuing north or if you want to explore the beautiful coast of Kennebunk or Kennebunkport.

Hosts Betsy and Paul have always welcomed me with a gracious smile and kind words.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mcmodh
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Living just an hour south I found the Elizabeth Rose House to be a great get-away to enjoy the beach and the downtown with the river running through it. The shore side resturants have a great view of the changing tide. Paul and Betsy are very welcoming and casual in their stately home. My second floor bedroom was spacious, big windows with a great bathroom. The first floor with large dining room, sitting room and eat-in kitchen offered many places to hang out and enjoy. A walk down to main street is easy for those like the extra exercise. A car is needed to reach the ocean. I would love to go back and I am sure I will.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo