“Great cozy place”

Kennebunk Gallery Motel and Cottages
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Kennebunk
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Very nice and clean little cottage with everything you need! Quiet place and close to différents beaches by car. It's not a five star hotel but it was was perfect for we were looking for. We loved it and we'll be back! Great for the price we had in mid july.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I cannot believe Booking.com vetted this place at all. On the first night a quick inspection of the sheets revealed a dry "wet" spot. I walked to the front desk and got a new set of sheets but no apology. The TV didn't work. The bathroom floor was moldy and my wife would not put her bare feet on the ground. The AC knob was missing.
On the second night after avoiding going back until the last possible time we discovered my wife's pajama bottoms were missing. I went back to the office where outside the heavy set husband and his wife to ask(I think they were John and Katherine Toth) only to have them laugh and hand me the bottoms.
I would not book place again. A truck stop bathroom would be preferred to sleep in.
Charles

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kildgore
kennebunkcottages, Owner at Kennebunk Gallery Motel and Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

We are sorry that you had a bad experience at our property. You came into office and asked for a set of sheets...there was no mention of sheets being dirty therefore no apology was given. All linens are changed upon check-outs. You had also mentioned that the tv didn't work. We offered to go to the room so we could figure out the problem. You did not want us to go to room whereas your wife was in bed. Kinda odd that she would be in bed if the sheets were supposedly dirty before hand?! The cottage you were booked in had 2 tvs so you were not without the first night. We switched out the bad tv the following morning. The a/c knob is missing due to someone stealing it but it is still function-able. Regarding the pajama bottoms they were mixed in with the "dirty" sheets/towels that were on the floor in the room that the maid picked up when doing daily housekeeping therefore we did not know which room they came from. If you were not happy you should of checked out the following morning rather than staying the 2 nights using all the amenities..then leaving a threatening note if we didn't refund your credit card in 10 days that you would bad mouth us on the internet. Every problem that you mentioned to us during your stay we corrected it in a timely fashion therefore no credit was due.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We booked our cottage on rather short notice, pleased at the price and convenient location. Having a separate living room area was much appreciated, and we used the microwave (and found plates and utensils). The decor was rather dated and the mattress old, but it served its function. Wifi was unusually slow (perhaps a function of horrible weather).

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I understand that this is a motel, but I have stayed at other motels in the past and have never seen a place this dirty or unkept. As soon as we walked in the room, the first thing we noticed was how dirty the table chairs were. We were afraid to put anything down on them. We had to rush out for a tour so we didn't realize how bad it was until we returned to shower for dinner. The shower floor was so dirty that I showered with my flip flops on. After I used the towels I noticed that my skin just itched for the entire night. As I looked around the room, I began to notice other people's hair on surfaces and what looked like blood on a window curtain in the bathroom. The office was closed so we had no choice but to stay the night. I slept in my clothes because I was afraid of what might lurk in the sheets or on the mattress. The little cottage had a deck with two absolutely filthy white plastic chairs. Rather than sit on them, I sat in the car to read when I woke up early the next morning. When I complained to the teenager that was left to man the front desk, he just looked at me as if I were speaking another language. DO NOT STAY IN THIS PLACE!! Much to my annoyance, they had already charged my card.

Room Tip: Avoid this place altogether but definitely avoid Rm #15. The other cottages/rooms did not seem to be...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lisanne N

Thank you for your review of our property. We have noted your complaints and will address them accordingly.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Had to make an emergency trip to Maine in early August. The only place I found available was the Gallery Motel and Cottages. The staff was very friendly and the cottage was a little dated but clean and comfortable. I will definitely stay there again. We saved a lot of money.

Room Tip: Pillows are small and only one per bed.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I booked our stay back in November, we were looking for low budget lodging for a long weekend in July. I am so pleased we found this little gem of a hotel/cottage complex. The little cottage was perfect! Clean, comfortable, centrally located. Each cottage has its own grill, a small, adequate kitchenette, the bedding is fresh, the bathroom immaculate. A picnic table and small porch complete each cottage area. Within walking distance, if you like, of a very nice breakfast spot, an excellent sandwich shop, and the local Dairy Queen! A short drive to the beach, and the hotel has a beach pass for loan to the guests, excellent! as parking can be tricky at Kennebunk Beach in July. I would recommend this little establishment to friends and relatives without reservation.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed there during the week of July 16 2014, and ABSOLUTELY loved it. We did not plan hotels as we just set out as a family to take a trip through New England. I was SO glad we didn't because finding this place was such a relief. Affordably priced, Great location close to Kennebunk beach front, Owners were personable and even sent us to a Great MOM and POP Restaurant that we got great Seafood at. We ended up staying there another night- The motel portion was nice and beds comfortable but the COTTAGES were SO worth the $10 price difference. Comfortable, lots of room, great in ground pool and play set for the kids.. And it was very woodsy and quiet.. LOVED this place, We Will Be back again!!

Alexandria and Rob

Room Tip: Cottages- Book them ahead of time. They were very cozy and roomy.. Loved having a large back deck to...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunk
Franciscan Guest House
Footbridge North Hotel
King's Port Inn
King's Port Inn
#4 of 8 in Kennebunk

Been to Kennebunk Gallery Motel and Cottages? Share your experiences!