“Lovely seaside vacation” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 14 Kennebunk B&B and Inns
Mountain View, California
“Lovely seaside vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here with my friend during our roadtrip through New England. We absolutely loved this place. It was right on the water and a short drive or bike ride to Kennebunkport and a swimming beach. Very quaint, but a good option to a B&B as you have your own bathroom in your room. The staff were extremely helpful and kind. We particularly liked the brandy and port with cheese and crackers in the afternoon. We would sit on the porch and watch the water while having our snack. If you are looking for a peaceful and relaxing getaway in Maine, I highly recommend visiting Kennebunk and staying here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is my second summer spending the weekend at The Beach House Inn and my boyfriend and I decided we wouldn't stay anywhere else.

We arrived on a Saturday night just in team for the wine, cheese and a sunset on the porch ! When I had made the reservation the confirmation letter suggested to make a reservation at Stripers for dinner, I'm easily persuaded so I did. (the review isn't about Stripers but if it were, I'd say go for drinks and the view.. don't bother spending the money on the food. Big bucks for moderate food and service. The hostess told us to pick a table and the waiter told me "good work!" When I finished my meal) the front desk staff at BHI was nice enough to call and arrange to have a cab pick us up and called up to the room to confirm the arrival of the cab.

The breakfast at the BHI is AWESOME.. You can't beat it. You can make your own waffles, there's fresh muffins, juice etc. and everyone that was working in the kitchen was exceptionally nice as well.

After we got back from dinner at Tia's we decided to go sit out by the firepit and we met a really nice couple from Virgina! The woman whose family was staying in the cottage kept complaining we were too loud but if you ask me between her yelling at us and banging on her window for us to be quiet I think she was making more noise. It was 11 pm and we weren't being rowdy, just having conversation. Anyways, my boyfriend and his brother had to move the fire pit because of her.

You can't fault the Inn because they had a crabby guest.. This is the only place to stay when visiting Kennebunk!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Kbrunini32
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We made the voyage up to Maine in the search of a great lobster dinner. We came with no reservations and no plans. Using the Hotel Tonight app we found The Beach House listed. We booked the room at what seems to be a very appropriate rate. When we had a delayed flight and had the thought we would not make the check-in hours we called and left a voicemail, which was promptly returned and quelled our concerns. Check in was quick and easy, and it was great to be led to the room and given restaurant recommendations. Our room was on a corner and had the most spectacular view. We quickly changed and headed to dinner, which was fantastic! We enjoyed the drive back and then relaxed in our room and about the property while enjoying the sight of the Supermoon. It was a beautiful evening and we slept with the windows open and a refreshing sea breeze.

We were awoken the next morning by a number of ducks playing in the bay, how wonderful. We got ready and headed down to the complimentary breakfast. While the room it was in was small the guests were all accommodating and we did enjoy a nice breakfast. Checkout was just as easy and we pledged to come back.

As for the room, very nice for the building it's in. The bed, bedding and pillows were very comfortable and we are hard to please. The bathroom was spacious enough and everything was functional. We loved our room and enjoyed looking over the courtyard and people watching on Beach Ave.

I will say that if you are looking for super luxe this isn't the place. If you are looking for a very charming B&B with an amazing atmosphere, with a boutique feel, and views that rival the best in the world... book your room now, and don't think twice.

Room Tip: Ask for the room on the 3rd floor on the front corner, I believe it was 312. Amazing.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank shevais
Quechee, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

It was a very crowded Saturday the last weekend in June, but we found a lovely room at the Beach House. We enjoyed sitting on the front porch having cheese and port wine at 5:00 pm, provided by the staff.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank h-burg17
Hopedale, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided to take my sister on a surprise night away in the Kennebunkport area because its one of those places that's pretty close to perfect. We went June 7th for one night. We decided on the Beach House Inn and we were pleasantly surprised how nice the inn is! The outside is fine but the interior is beautiful! And the ocean is directly across the street. If location is high on your priority list then you'll love this property! Room was spotless and cozy. Service was great along with a nice continental breakfast on the front porch watching the waves from the ocean. Also a fact not known to us but were pleasantly surprised to find out is that this property is a sister property of the White Barn Inn! Enough said there! We definitely recommend the Beach House Inn and will be back someday.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Joe C
Sewell, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We are repeat customers. Our third time. Love the place. Love room 201 and the common areas are wonderful with their panoramic views of the rocky coast and the nearness to the sounds and views of the ocean. Unbeatable. 24 hour coffee and tea, cookies in the afternoon and brandy and port and cheese from 4:30 to 6:00 pm. Truly a great venue. During our two previous stays the staff and breakfast were wonderful, dedicated hospitality people, friendly, knowledgable and ready to help. This year some staff weren't up to Beach House standards but Ruby showed up on Friday and all was put back in order. Thanks Ruby...good luck in the donut business but don't give up on hospitality....you are the best.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tom L
Smithville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

My first stay at the beach house was wonderful. It was like being at home. The room was clean along with the bathroom. I had the best sleep. The common space with the ocean views was amazing and inviting. Everything from the inside and out was well maintained. I would go back

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunk
King's Port Inn
#2 of 7 in Kennebunk
The Breakwater Inn and Spa
The Breakwater Inn and Spa
#15 of 26 in Kennebunkport

Been to The Beach House? Share your experiences!