“Worth a detour!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Worth a detour!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We were headed upstate and detoured from the interstate in hopes of finding a lunch spot more charming than a rest stop. What terrific luck to stumble on this place. We tried the kale/watermelon salad and a pizza with corn purée, peaches, and Gorgonzola. The salad was excellent. And the pizza? We are wood fire pizza lovers and this was the best we've ever had. The crust was perfect: chewy, tangy, smokey, savory. The corn purée was genius.

I don't know when we will be back in Kennebunk (maybe our trip home) but we will remember this pizza for a long time.

Wrentham, Massachusetts
“Tasty Pizza in Family Friendly Atmosphere”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We had two pizzas for dinner. Both were delicious with fresh ingredients. The kids enjoyed the natural sodas and we had some local craft beers. Prices were good, space was clean, food was great. The service could have been more organized. I heard more "I'm sorry" than "you're welcome". I would go back.

Orlando, Florida
“No organization”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We went by for lunch around 1:50 on a Saturday and ended up leaving. We stood in the doorway for some time and there are three guys in a back room all standing over some pizzas they are making. They did not look like they were using any cleanliness standards. Their hands all over the pizza, no hats, table was messy. The woman back there just stared at us and kept working. Finally my husband asked if we should just sit anywhere. She said yes. Our choice was one really dirty table or a dirty table with not enough chairs. We left. This place seems more for the ironic facial hair set that was planted at the tiny bar than for people that value cleanliness.

Visited July 2014
11 Thank Lawgnome
Diego F, Owner at Owen's Farmhouse, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Lawgnome,
I appreciate you taking the time to write us a one star review after not even dining with us. Our wood fired pizzas are hand tossed and prepared with the freshest ingredients sourced locally. The pies must be prepared with our employees hands, therefore they are handled. I am not sure if there is a restaurant that exists where the chefs do not touch the food they are preparing. We have an open kitchen because we are proud of what we do. We practice stellar food safety and all of our employees are "Serve Safe" certified making them well educated on food handling and hygiene while preparing food.
The fact that some our our guests at our counter had facial hair can not be helped, we do not discriminate guests who choose to don facial hair. I believe the guests you are talking about were two of our farmers who provide us with many of the vegetable that go onto our pies. I will let them know to clean up better when you return.
Should you decide to return to sample our food, I would be happy to have you as our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly prior at merrileep@gmail.com so I can get a fresh shave before your visit.
Best,
Merrilee
“Not your average pizza.”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Owen's Farmhouse is a great restaurant. Period. Very accommodating and kind staff, plus rustic vibe and need I even say, delicious pizza. Very creative, as far as pizza goes, and definitely worth the visit. Best food in Kennebunk!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Owen S
Kennebunks, Maine
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great pizza -- not the run of the mill pizza joint. When the weather is good -- sitting outside is the best.

Visited June 2014