“Delightful”

The White Barn Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The White Barn Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 69 Restaurants in Kennebunk
Price range: US$125 - US$165
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 9
Description: Fine American cuisine served in a fabulously converted barn. The White Barn Inn Restaurant is a AAA Five Diamond, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Châteaux property.
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We spent a delightful evening at the White Barn Inn restaurant. Service was superb and food delicious if a little expensive. Being dairy intolerant, I was concerned about what I could eat but needn't have worried - the staff were very attentive and helpful and ensured my meal was totally dairy-free. Each course was first-class, although my fish course was a little too salty for my tastebuds (in fairness, I hate salt). Ambience is romantic with soft lighting. All in all a delightful evening. Big thanks to everyone.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The food is mediocre. The service is terrible. One server asked us if we wanted more water every 5 minutes throughout the entire meal. Exorbitantly overpriced. Really nothing special.

3  Thank RosebudNyc
WBIInnkeeper, Manager at The White Barn Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear RosebudNYC,

We are sorry to hear that you had an experience that was anything but delightful. Our service is crafted around the goal of attentive, concise, and polite interaction. By no means do we ever mean to be overbearing. We would be happy to address any issues that you might have had. Please feel free to reach out to me personally at (207)967-2321 and I it would be my pleasure to speak with you regarding your experience in more detail.

Kind regards,

Peter Lucas

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I knew going in that the restaurant required a jacket, but I was not prepared for the price. The price is not $50 as written in Tripadvisor: it is $106 per person.
It was worth every penny for a special occasion. The level of service was something I have never experienced before. The food was delicious.
This is not a place I would go often. But for a special event it was worth it.

3  Thank Donna32958
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My husband and I were spending a night in Kennebunk. We stayed at an inn close to Kennebunk, the beach and the White Barn Inn. I had heard from friends that the Inn was not that friendly to people who did not want to eat dinner. My husband called and asked if we could stop by for drinks and appetizers. It took a few moments, but we were told as long as there was an opening at the bar we would be welcomed. He was also instructed about the dress code and he told them he was aware of it. Once we arrived it became a magical moment. The entire staff was so lovely and our bartender, from Burgurdy...who now lives in Maine with his wife and two children, was terrific. Our bartender treated us like royally and everyone else we met was just as kind. The service, the presentation and the food were exceptional. The piano player was to our left and the artist who had all of his paintings hanging in the restaurant sat at the bar to our right. A truly exceptional evening.

2  Thank Pam M
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Our first night in Kennebunk and The White Barn Inn set the standards high for the remainder of our stay.
We had a reservation for 10 people in the Wine Cellar downstairs. The food was delicious from the start. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu.

2  Thank TheMillers7