“Met our expectations ”

The White Barn Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The White Barn Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Kennebunk
Price range: US$125 - US$165
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 9
Description: Fine American cuisine served in a fabulously converted barn. The White Barn Inn Restaurant is a AAA Five Diamond, Forbes 5 Star and Relais & Châteaux property.
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Have been several times and always true to form. The lobster with fettuccine heaven. Thank you to all the staff for a wonderful, special meal!

There are newer reviews for The White Barn Inn Restaurant

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and I have eaten all over the world. This is the best meal I ever had world wide. The fee of one hundred nine per person was well worth it. This Inn caters to you from the moment you enter the parking lot. The staff is formal yet friendly and easy to converse with. My wife started with the White Asparagus Soup with Grilled Kennebunkport Lobster and Crisp Asparagus. Her palate cleanser was Iced Watermelon and New England Strawberry Soup. She finished with A Red Wine Shallot Glazed Beef Tenderloin on a Smoked Bacon and Potato Galette, Summer Patty Pan, Roast Tomatoes and Basil Infused Pinot Noir Sauce. I started with Pan Roast New England Quail Breast and Foie Gras with Apricots, Cashew Butter and Cognac Thyme Reduction. Cleansed with Parmesan Mousse with Summer Vegetable Salad and Crisp Pancetta and finished with Free Range Veal Filet on Lemon Spaetzle, Broccoli Flan, Crisp Sweetbreads and Olive Barolo Sauce. All dishes were a foodie delight. My favorite was the quail breast. You are given several small samples before and after you meal. There is even a pre-desert! My wife and I had Souffles for dessert. That is included in your diner fee. I felt this place was a bargain for what we received. We aren't big wine drinkers but if I returned I would do the wine pairing. The people I saw doing that seemed to be enjoying themselves. The atmosphere was quiet with piano music in the background.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Please see my review of the White Barn Inn for more on the restaurant and Cyril. We celebrated our husbands' 60th birthday dinner here. Lobster was the best. Halibut second. Duck Breast fair (alittle salty I was told). Good wine but pricy of course.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was our first trip to Kennebunkport, and we decided to go all out. We are from Washington, DC and have eaten at many fine dining establishments, but this was by far the best meal we have ever had. We opted for the main menu with traditional wine pairing and there were many complimentary dishes. We highly recommend splurging for an elegant evening of dining.

1  Thank GeoffCle
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The setting and service were 5 star. The food was delicious but I felt it was extremely salty. My filet was cooked perfectly but the sunchoke puree was barely edible. I loved the rest of my meal, and my guests were very happy with their choices. I would go again, it is worth a second chance. I had very high expectations.