“mmmmmm lobster roll”

Clam Shack
Ranked #3 of 67 Restaurants in Kennebunk
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, View, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
portage, michigan
“mmmmmm lobster roll”
Reviewed 22 October 2008

My husband and I were driving through the Kennebunkports as a part of a new england trip we took to see fall foliage (October 2008). We only had a few hours in Maine, but we wanted to stop somewhere to eat lobster and see the beach while driving through. The Clam Shack was on the way and looked like a cute little place! We did look at the menus of several other nearby restaurants, but for the same types of foods they were more expensive.

The clam shack had a diverse menu for very reasonable prices! Coming from Michigan I don't usually see seafood prices this low, i'm sure it's normal for maine, but i was very happy with the price of lobster here!

I ordered a "lobster roll" sandwhich with mayonnaise and clam chowder - both were sooooooooo yummy! For both things I think I paid about $18. It was the only lobster roll i've ever had, so i can't compare it to anything - but it was delicious! The clam chowder was the BEST i have ever had! My husband went inside the gift shop and bought a live lobster cooked to order, it was like $12 for the whole lobster meal. He said it was incredibly fresh and delicious too! We kept talking about this meal all day - it was sooooo good!

We ate in their porch area on chairs called "lobster-rondack" chair and enjoyed the beautiful weather. it was a wonderful coastal maine experience and it made me want to return and spend much more time in the state!

If I'm ever in the area again I'm definitely going to return!

Baltimore
“Cold buns”
Reviewed 1 August 2007

The Bun was on a hamburger bun instead of a hot dog roll. The bun was not toasted and the lobster meat along with the bun was cold. I always ask before I order if the roll is toasted but I didn't this time.