“A noisy casual lunch stop”

Federal Jacks Restaurant and Brewpub
Ranked #7 of 67 Restaurants in Kennebunk
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, View, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Irwin, Pennsylvania
“A noisy casual lunch stop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

We ate in the dining area upstairs...It was packed a very noisy. In spite of the crowd, service was friendly and pretty efficient. We were in the Maine area for eleven days on vacation...This restaurant had by far the worst (and most expensive) lobster rolls....pitiful actually. Friends we were with had a fish sandwich and thought it was pretty good. Maybe worth a visit for a sandwich and a quick beer...

1 Thank Rarod13

Maine/New York
“Good service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

We first had a tour of the brewery. Our host was knowledgeable and patient. Then off to the restaurant which does have a lovely view of the harbor. The place is large. There is great outdoor space. The downside is the noise. It is almost impossible to hear your friend. The blackened haddock sandwich was very good. I also enjoyed the slaw. The turkey BLT was huge. My friend loved her lobster soup. The service was friendly and efficient. Yes, there are better places to eat, but go for the view.

Westminster, MD
“Good Casual Dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

My husband and I had a quick dinner at Federal Jacks. I had the fried clams which were excellent and my husband's fish was also good. We had to wait for a table but the wait wasn't as long as we were told. The wait staff seemed a bit rused yet had time to stand and chat to each other.
The view of the river helped the atmosphere.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank LBKDMK
Rotterdam, New York
“If you aren't there to eat don't bother dropping in.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Went upstairs to the restaurant/bar area. All my husband and I wanted was one draft beer. We stood near the ordering area of the bar and the female bartender virtually ignored us several times despite waitresses telling her we were waiting there to order. My husband and I even split up hoping one of us would catch her! We waited so long watching her wash glassware and yes she completely was she aware of our presence that I just wanted to walk. Can not tell you about the food here.We considered going back for dinner but due to rudeness went elsewhere!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank longoverdue
Los Angeles, California
“Good food, bar atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Federal Jack's is a great place to go for a casual, no frills meal. The food is good (not great) and the prices are fair.