“Excellent, but beware that the Garlic monkey bread is highly addictive”
Review of Abbondante - CLOSED

Abbondante
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 35
Description: Abbondante’s menu is true to its name, offering generous portions of thoughtful Italian preparations. Fresh, homemade pasta is prepared daily for family favorite dishes like spaghetti and meatballs and ravioli with ricotta filling and more inventive dishes like tagliatelle with hazelnut brown butter, rabbit confit, spinach and chevre, and papperedelle with agro dolce pork, sausage and pickled chilis. Pizzas cooked in the wood-burning oven include classics, pizza margherita with tomato, basil, mozzarella and extra virgin olive oil, as well as the more imaginative, such as pizza salsiccia with sausage, pickled chilis, provolone and roasted peppers. The menu is rounded out with comfort specialties like eggplant and chicken parmesan, meatball heroes and lasagna.
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I could just eat pans of the garlic monkey bread, which is heated in its own cast iron pan with garlic infused olive oil and cheese.... Delicious. I also had the mixed green salad which has a wonderful dressing and pickled onions and the chicken Marsala.
The service is excellent, and the atmosphere is great. I will definitely go back for another meal.

Merrilee P, Owner at Abbondante, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Ctbrd03,
Thanks so much for your taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled that you love our garlic monkey bread, it is certainly becoming a favorite for lots of guests.
We appreciate your positive review, many thanks again, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband and I ate here with 3 other couples while visiting in March. When we got here we realized it was the former Grissini's in which we had a terrible experience a few years earlier and never came back so we were hesitant to eat here. I have to say it was a great improvement! My husband is an Italian chef and knows his food. I had the chicken piccata which was quite different from the traditional way I am used to preparing it and it was very good. Everyone loved their meal. If I had to pick on something I would say the tomato sauce was a bit undercooked, other than that tasty and fresh food. The prices were reasonable for that area. Waitstaff were friendly and efficient. This was a pleasant surprise and we will come back in the future. Great improvement over Grissini's which was way overpriced and the food not up to par.

Merrilee P, Owner at Abbondante, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Debdam56,
I am so pleased your large group enjoyed themselves with us last month. It is quite a compliment to hear from fellow chefs that they enjoyed their meals, so thank you for that.
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review Abbondante on TripAdvisor.
Looking forward to having you as our guests again.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Really liked decor of restaurant. Food was very good but service was very slow. It was a Friday night and they were a bit busy. Make sure you make a reservation.

Dear Happyendings143,
We appreciate your review and thank you for taking the time to do so. I am happy that you enjoyed your food and apologize for any lapse in service times.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I just visited abbondante for the first time since switching over from grissinis. Wow what a difference, the food was excellent, seasoned well and cooked to perfection. The red sauce was the best sauce I have had anywhere hands down. The service was professional and kind. Servers were very knowledgeable about not only the wine but the food. Overall a great experience. Thank you to the staff at abbondante for making this a wonderful dinning experience.

Dear Steven7291,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor, we sincerely appreciate your kind words. I am pleased the night was a standout for you and that the service was stellar. We work very hard on our service protocols and food/wine education, so it's nice to hear that its working!
Thank you again, we look forward to welcoming you back to Abbondante.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

My favorite food is Italian and I am Italian, I don't think the owners have the key ingredients needed to sustain a successful restaurant: being genuine , pleasant and kind.Word of mouth is very powerful. I would not bad mouth any place, however I would not recommend Abbondante based on my experience. ( I will let everyone decide for themselves)The minute we walked in we felt a negative vibe, at least fake a smile!But wait, we watched to see how other people were being greeted and treated and lets just say that it was a disappointing result. It made you feel unwanted and uncomfortable. Maybe if I had worn my Dolce and Gabbana dress I would of been treated better.( thats the impression left) The service was okay, it seems like the servers aren't too happy there. Let me repeat that this is not authentic italian food/ service. No eye contact, no "Hi how is everything going? Do you need anything? Etc" Just a generic good night, thank you( anyone could tell that we were upset and wanted to get out ASAP) from the hostess/ owner. I was very dissapointed as I will never run my restaurant like this. Be humble and treat others as if they were your own family! I have been to many restaurants, from the best upscale to the mom and pops diner ( NYC, Boston and Tampa)and hospitality is key even if you fake it. Just bad vibes, it's sad how people treat their customers.. Speaks volumes.

2  Thank Bellaangelina71
Merrilee P, Owner at Abbondante, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear BellaAngelina71,
Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience with us, it is never our intent to make you feel unwelcome, we truly appreciate every guest that steps through our door. We strive for warm hospitality and practice service protocols daily.
Would love to welcome you back as our guests, please contact me directly (merrileep@gmail.com) to arrange for a table.
We thank you for your review and appreciate your feedback.