“Pretty good..few changes needed”
Review of Abbondante - CLOSED

Abbondante
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 35
Description: Abbondante’s menu is true to its name, offering generous portions of thoughtful Italian preparations. Fresh, homemade pasta is prepared daily for family favorite dishes like spaghetti and meatballs and ravioli with ricotta filling and more inventive dishes like tagliatelle with hazelnut brown butter, rabbit confit, spinach and chevre, and papperedelle with agro dolce pork, sausage and pickled chilis. Pizzas cooked in the wood-burning oven include classics, pizza margherita with tomato, basil, mozzarella and extra virgin olive oil, as well as the more imaginative, such as pizza salsiccia with sausage, pickled chilis, provolone and roasted peppers. The menu is rounded out with comfort specialties like eggplant and chicken parmesan, meatball heroes and lasagna.
Reviewed 3 May 2014

First time here...it was busy, but we were seated without a reservation (nice). The restaurant is nicely laid out but is quite noisy. The mixed green salad was really good! My entree, chicken Marsala, was very tasty...but...the chicken was not warm..hot........the potatoes were scalding, on the other hand........all of the food was excellent...just fix the temperatures...I'll try it again.

Merrilee P, Owner at Abbondante, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Tom L,
I thank you for your review. We appreciate all feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed your experience with us. Apologies that your chicken was not as hot as it should have been.
Yes, our restaurant can get loud at times and we did have a pretty rambunctious crew in the night you dined with us, I hope it wasnt too distracting for your dinner.
Many thanks again for your TripAdvisor review, looking forward to seeing you again.
Owner

There are newer reviews for Abbondante

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I could just eat pans of the garlic monkey bread, which is heated in its own cast iron pan with garlic infused olive oil and cheese.... Delicious. I also had the mixed green salad which has a wonderful dressing and pickled onions and the chicken Marsala.
The service is excellent, and the atmosphere is great. I will definitely go back for another meal.

Merrilee P, Owner at Abbondante, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Ctbrd03,
Thanks so much for your taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled that you love our garlic monkey bread, it is certainly becoming a favorite for lots of guests.
We appreciate your positive review, many thanks again, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband and I ate here with 3 other couples while visiting in March. When we got here we realized it was the former Grissini's in which we had a terrible experience a few years earlier and never came back so we were hesitant to eat here. I have to say it was a great improvement! My husband is an Italian chef and knows his food. I had the chicken piccata which was quite different from the traditional way I am used to preparing it and it was very good. Everyone loved their meal. If I had to pick on something I would say the tomato sauce was a bit undercooked, other than that tasty and fresh food. The prices were reasonable for that area. Waitstaff were friendly and efficient. This was a pleasant surprise and we will come back in the future. Great improvement over Grissini's which was way overpriced and the food not up to par.

Merrilee P, Owner at Abbondante, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Debdam56,
I am so pleased your large group enjoyed themselves with us last month. It is quite a compliment to hear from fellow chefs that they enjoyed their meals, so thank you for that.
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review Abbondante on TripAdvisor.
Looking forward to having you as our guests again.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Really liked decor of restaurant. Food was very good but service was very slow. It was a Friday night and they were a bit busy. Make sure you make a reservation.

Dear Happyendings143,
We appreciate your review and thank you for taking the time to do so. I am happy that you enjoyed your food and apologize for any lapse in service times.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I just visited abbondante for the first time since switching over from grissinis. Wow what a difference, the food was excellent, seasoned well and cooked to perfection. The red sauce was the best sauce I have had anywhere hands down. The service was professional and kind. Servers were very knowledgeable about not only the wine but the food. Overall a great experience. Thank you to the staff at abbondante for making this a wonderful dinning experience.

Dear Steven7291,
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor, we sincerely appreciate your kind words. I am pleased the night was a standout for you and that the service was stellar. We work very hard on our service protocols and food/wine education, so it's nice to hear that its working!
Thank you again, we look forward to welcoming you back to Abbondante.