I consider that "The Franciscan Guess House" is a good place( VERY CLOSE TO THE OCEAN), where to you can stay, whether you are in vacations, a business trip, a religious retreat or just passing by. As the name tell us: "Guest House". It is a place where you help yourself, not a place where you will have certain kind of services like staying in an Hotel. If you need something, you just go get it, which was fine with me. They will explain everything once you are ready to checking in. I think that was the part I enjoyed the most. I felt like I was at home all my staying. ALSO, IT WAS VERY CLEAN. The personnel are very friendly and really appreciate your sponsorship. Not to mention, there are not hiding fees, as it always happen in a hotel. It was a very positive experience. Secondly, the place was very quiet, much, much quiet than staying in a Hotel. I notes that no one bother me in the mornings for any kind of services and no weird noises at night as it always happens in the hotels around the are. And third but no less important, although the "Franciscan Guess House" is a place mostly for everyone, the atmosphere is more for adults, which I love too. To all that I will add the Mission of the Franciscan in the St Anthony Monastery which the Franciscan Guess House is part . It is a plus. If you are looking for a spiritual retreat, I will recommend it. You can enjoy their religious services, the gift shop and the walking trails along the property where you will discover some monuments as it is "The Lithuanian Wayside Cross" among other of great spiritual importance. Please, check their website for more valuable information about the St. Anthony Monastery. It is impressive. I HOPE THAT YOU CAN ENJOY YOUR STAYING AS I DID.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An affordable option for the Kennebunk/Kennebunkport area. The hotel offers simple, plain, comfortable guest rooms for young families, seniors and anyone on a budget. Located next to the beautiful St. Anthony's Monastery Grounds with 44 acres of trees, rolling lawns, picnic tables, riverside walking path, shrines and wildlife. Only 15 minute walk to the beach. Or if you wish to drive, parking permits are available for a small fee. The continental buffet included with your room, with an upgrade to hot breakfast available for a small fee. Amenities include outdoor saltwater pool, free parking, A/C's, mini-refrigerator in all rooms. Supper by our Lithuanian cooks available in peak season. The hotel is a little oasis of peace and tranquility between Docks Square and the Kennebunk beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Franciscan Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franciscan Guest House Hotel Kennebunk
- Franciscan Hotel Kennebunk
- Franciscan Guest House Kennebunk, Maine