My husband and I have visited Bufflehead Cove once a summer over the past 17 years. It's hard to know where to begin when describing all of the wonderful aspects of our experiences there. Would it be the beautiful scent of fresh flowers (often Lillies) in the main entry room of the Inn, or the very friendly canine, Lily, or the knowledgeable, exceptionally service-oriented and welcoming hosts?
Even though the place is exremely lovely, always immaculate and decorated like it's in a magazine, every year it gets upgraded. Harriet and Jim are constantly seeing to minute details that make this place a true one-in-a million spot.
Want to go for an early morning walk? Or simply take in the view or read? Coffee is ready by 7am. Don't know where to go for dinner or need a suggestion of what to do for the day? Advice is easy to come by and reservations can be made for you. It's as simple as that.
Breakfasts are amazing. Whether sweet or savory, you will consider this one of your Kennebunkport gourmet dining delights. And, unless it's cool or rainy, while you are eating (or any other time of the day) you can take in the spectacular, serene river view (often including bufflehead ducks).
If you are a "room body", the rooms at Bufflehead Cove are certainly a place to curl up and relax-- beds are sooo comfy and sheets so soft. Bathtowels are huge and again, soft, soft soft . The water views, whether from inside or out, can't be beat.
We began many years ago staying for two nights and occupied what we considered to be our home away from home, the cozy River Room. We have gradually increased the lengths of our visits and, next summer (which we are already looking forward to), we will be staying for a week in the spectacular Balcony Room.
Perhaps most telling, I have a picture of Bufflehead Cove as my screensaver at work. People often ask, "Where is that"? and I reply,
"Heaven on earth".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bufflehead Cove Inn is Kennebunkport Maine lodging at its best. Visit this intimate Bed and Breakfast in Kennebunkport Maine today to experience the serenity and seclusion of waterfront lodging. Secluded and private, the Bufflehead Cove Inn is the perfect destination for summer vacations, rejuvenating weekend getaways, or simply a trip to get away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Bufflehead Cove Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bufflehead Cove Hotel Kennebunk
- Bufflehead Cove Inn Kennebunk, Maine