First of all .. Harriet, I apologize for not writing this review last fall (Oct 2014) when we stayed .. I thought "oh it's winter and I can wait" .. well my health took a serious downturn .. and now that I am well again here you go. Wonderful Bufflehead Cove Inn is all about the owner Harriet and her son, Erin. They both personify CARING when it comes to their guests....... The inn is lovely, every room, and the public areas where you share your wonderful FULL breakfasts with the other guests, enjoy afternoon wine and cheese at 4pm .. cookies during the day .. tea or coffee whenever. The main inns rooms all have river views, extremely clean .. the Garden Rm is down in the back of the inn, but it's the largest and best for privacy .. cozy as could be! You'll get a kick out of Harriet feeding 'her' ducks morning and afternoon .. they have a large container of cracked corn .. put in a container and the ducks QUACK their heads off trying to get up the bank in time for a feed .. so fun!! The peace and quiet of this inn is fabulous .. the front porch is perfect to sit out and enjoy a nice glass of wine .. or use the small deck out over the river and just watch the stream go by! THE STREAM is the Kennebunk River with LARGE Striped Bass in case you remember to bring along your rod...! Harriet is a real people person, she assisted us with reservations for several local restaurants.. some Hard to come by!! as well as getting me in same day to have a slipped crown repaired at a local dentist too! You will surely enjoy your stay at Bufflehead .. just make sure you FIND the little drive off the main road to get back to it .. it zigzags through the woods between some marshy ponds along the way .. keep going to the end and you're sure to find peace and contentment! We will be back again .. soon I hope! Don't hesitate to ask for reservations for Nunan's Lobster Hut, Cape Porpoise (up the road) as well as Mabel's Lobster Claw, Kennebunkport ... best ever .. get the blueberry pie at each!! The Marsh is sheik .. $$! Try to get Erin to take you for a ride UP the river .. it's great! Perfect spot for romance, anniversary, birthday, getting engaged!! Couples .. right up your alley.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bufflehead Cove Inn is Kennebunkport Maine lodging at its best. Visit this intimate Bed and Breakfast on the edge of Kennebunkport Maine today to experience the serenity and seclusion of waterfront lodging. Secluded and private, the Bufflehead Cove Inn is the perfect destination for summer vacations, rejuvenating weekend getaways, or simply a trip to get away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Bufflehead Cove Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bufflehead Cove Hotel Kennebunk
- Bufflehead Cove Inn Kennebunk, Maine