“Wonderful Breakfast Buffet”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Open seasonally, Memorial Day through October Casually elegant dining. Enjoy creative local cuisine and nightly specials highlighting the freshest seafood and local ingredients from New England farms and herbs from the resort's organic gardens. Plus live entertainment weeknights in season. Just a short walk from Dock Square along Ocean Avenue. A TV Diner Platinum Plate award winner. Also serving pub fare, local Maine craft beers and cocktails in Heckman's Pub. Relax with a pre-dinner drink on the resort's front porch, or on the back lawn in an Adirondack chair overlooking the river.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Eating at the Nonantum Saturday breakfast buffet, which is open to the public, was one of the best things I've done in a while. I tried the real scrambled eggs, bacon, muffins, french toast, oatmeal, cinnamon raisin toast with cinnamon cream cheese, oatmeal with cranberry, fresh fruit and then went back for seconds and thirds. My husband also had multiple servings of the eggs, sausage, chocolate chip pancakes, blueberry muffins and orange juice. My coffee cup kept getting filled throughout this wonderful experience. The staff welcomed us as we entered the building and also as we entered the dining room. The Inn has a comfortable feel and the staff is very friendly. I will back for breakfast and to try the dinner.

jeangm11, Owner at 95 Ocean at The Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hello Rowena:
Thanks so much for taking time to share your thoughts about our breakfast buffet! As you indicated, it is open to the public, and many families in the area make this a Saturday or Sunday morning must do all season long! I love those chocolate chip pancakes too! Each year I set a goal of not eating any and I usually last about a week. Hmmm. This may explain why my pants seem to shrink each season!
Please come back and try out dinner in our beautiful dining room. With Maine Restaurant Chef of the Year Steve True at the helm in the kitchen, there is no questions you will be wowed by the food and service!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We just returned from a New England adventure and have to say our stay at Nonantum Resort and breakfast at the 95 Ocean was a highlight of the trip. The entire stay was a refreshing experience of charm, class, and the elegant charisma of being valued and pampered as a guest. The breakfast buffet itself was worth the drive from Ohio. We will be visiting again soon and will no doubt stay in the same place, enjoying the rooms, view, pub and restaurant. Great job!

1  Thank Rhonda H
jeangm11, Owner at 95 Ocean at The Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Hello Rhonda:
Exceeding Our Guests Expectations is our Core Purpose here at The Nonantum so for you to write that as your title was a thrill for me to read! Each and every day we do our best to insure all of our guests feel the same level of hospitality you did and it really makes everyones day when I bring a letter like yours to our weekly Managers Meeting! I particularly loved the sentence "The entire stay was a refreshing experience of charm, class, and the elegant charisma of being valued and pampered as a guest". Thank you so very much for sharing that thought!
We look forward to your next visit and again, my appreciation for your charming review!
All The Best!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We had dinner here with our family and also two breakfasts during our stay. The food was fresh and consistently good. Even the breakfast buffet was awesome...yum to the oatmeal with apples and cinnamon! The dining room was spacious and clean and the staff most kind and helpful.

Hello California Nana:
I am delighted to hear you had such a wonderful experience at The Nonantum Resort! I love that cinnamon apple oatmeal as well! The fresh choices that change with the season never fail to impress me! Please come back and see us again soon! Thanks for taking the time to write your beautiful review!

Reviewed 21 September 2013

The dining room is a new albeit classy addition to the venerable old hotel that resembles a glassed-in porch overlooking the Kennebunk River. Sometimes there is a live pianist who plays jazz standards. The bar is part of that venerable old hotel and it drips with the elegance of a bygone era; you can drink inside or enjoy your beverages on the wooden porch alongside Ocean Avenue. I've eaten here a few times, and my experience has been the same: great food and gigantic portions. The chef is creative but not to the point of offending conventional palates: e.g. I ordered ribs one night, and they came with a blueberry sauce: delicious, innovative, but not so weird that I wouldn't recommend it to my grandmother. My only reservation is to look at the menu in advance, as the steak/chicken options are limited. The service is a perfect combination of urbane formality and genuine hospitality. And the bar is my favorite in Kennebunkport. It's charming, the Martinis are perfect, the highballs are sufficiently strong, and it's one of the few bars that has a healthy selection of frozen beverages, which are perfect after long walks on hot days. (There's also a bar menu, but I've never ordered off of it and therefore cannot comment). My only reservation is that the restaurant can be very quiet and it attracts an older crowd - which should appeal to many people! - but I wouldn't bring young children unless they were extremely well-behaved. (Well-behaved children might get a kick out of the location, ambiance and food, however).

jeangm11, Owner at 95 Ocean at The Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Hello NH Guest:
I very much appreciate your kind comments about the Nonantum Resort! I love your use of the word "venerable" (meaning accorded a great deal of respect, especially because of age, according to Webster!) to describe The Nonantum. We have tried very hard to keep customs from the past like greeting our guests like family, taking care of folks the way we would like to be taken care of and having live music in our 95 Ocean Dining Room without being old fashined or stuffy. From your review it sounds as if we have been sucessful! Horray!
Please come and see us again soon. I think you will really like our new Fall Menu. I had the Clam and Lobster Linguini the other night and it was totally amazing!
Thanks again for sharing your thoughts!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Pretty Dining Room...lovely menu and, wonderful service
The location was perfect, right on Ocean Avenue with a view of the River.