“great meal”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Open seasonally, Memorial Day through October Casually elegant dining. Enjoy creative local cuisine and nightly specials highlighting the freshest seafood and local ingredients from New England farms and herbs from the resort's organic gardens. Plus live entertainment weeknights in season. Just a short walk from Dock Square along Ocean Avenue. A TV Diner Platinum Plate award winner. Also serving pub fare, local Maine craft beers and cocktails in Heckman's Pub. Relax with a pre-dinner drink on the resort's front porch, or on the back lawn in an Adirondack chair overlooking the river.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We ate at several restaurants in the area and this was the best by far! Can't wait to get back there to dine again.

Christine F, Manager at 95 Ocean at The Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Hello, Arnie!

Thank you for dining with us in 95 Ocean and for reviewing us on Trip Advisor! We have high standards around here and hope all our guests leave our restaurant feeling happy and satisfied; it sounds like we hit our mark with you and we're glad you told us about your great experience!

We have just created our new fall menu and will be serving up some delicious new dishes soon, so we hope to see you again this season to showcase the delicious flavors of fall in Maine!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Interesting, combined flavors that were delicious and visually appealing! Loved the lime, coconut pancakesL)

Hello, Heidi!

It sounds like you enjoyed our breakfast buffet just as much as I do! Even though I see the pancake creations more frequently than most, I still love every combination our chefs put together. If you didn't make it in during your most recent visit, I hope you'll join us for dinner the next time you're in town-- our menu is just as varied and delicious as our buffet.

Thank you for dining with us and for taking the time to write a review!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The restaurant is a part of a resort. The food was fabulous, great choices for all members of the family. The atmosphere was nice without being stuffy. The service was terrific. The servings size was perfect. I highly recommend this place.

Hello, Beth!

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your dining experience in 95 Ocean! We are proud of our delicious and diverse menu and agree that there's something to please every member of the family. Our staff is one of the best you'll find and I'm happy to hear that it shows.

Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I arrived at 95 Ocean with no reservations. We were greeted courteously and given our choice of rooms. Our table had a lovely view of the water and the pianist was fabulous!
The seafood we each ordered was wonderful, as was the dessert. Unfortunately, the wait staff was a trifle slow and the waitress forgot to provide a spoon with my husband's coffee.

Mainah3, Owner at 95 Ocean at The Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hello Suzanne!

Thanks for dining with us. I am glad you got a chance to enjoy our live entertainment; that is one of my favorite things about 95 Ocean. Many of our diners are first timers in Maine, so we make sure to have plenty of seafood options!

I apologize that our service was not up to speed. There is definitely a fine line between feeling rushed and feeling bored, and we do try our best to fit in between those two things.

Our dessert options change frequently, so I hope you will join us again to indulge.

Warmly,
Jean Ginn Marvin
Innkeeper

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife and I stayed in Kennebunkport over the fourth of July weekend, living it up with HW and W and a crate of lobsters. Our goal was to stick mostly with various seafood shacks, but did want to have 1 nicer meal. We chose 95 Ocean off of reviews and were glad we did.

Leading up to this dinner, I had come down with something, and was not feeling very well. I decided to stick it out and order dinner, but just couldn't make it. Not wanting my wife to miss out, I told her to eat while I waited on the sofa in the lobby, and to just have my food packed. The waitress was concerned because I had walked of and asked what the issue was. my wife explained, to which the waitress told us not to worry about a thing.

My wife tells me that her food was pretty amazing.Her appetizer (the Sesame Crusted Seared Tuna) was something special. The fish special was quite good as well. In terms of my food, the restaurant had cancelled my order and did not have any intention of charging me for it. They even had the bartender mix me up a bitters drink to make me feel better, and continued to check up on me throughout. I was amazed that they would keep checking in and serving us as if we had ordered a full service meal. Even as we left, they wished us well, and let us know we could have a table at any time, even as they were booked for the weekend.

I definitely recommend, if not for the great food, the warm and hospitable atmosphere there.

Mainah3, Owner at 95 Ocean at The Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hi Billy:
I am so sorry to hear you were not feeling well while you were on your vacation. What a bummer. It is great to hear our folks took such great care of you. I would have expected nothing less!
Please come back and check out our food when you are feeling better. Our restaurant has earned rave reviews all season and I know you would have a wonderful time!
Warm Regards,