I have stayed at quite a few top hotels and resorts in the country, but never after leaving have I wanted to write a review about them, positive or negative, because the service, hotel, etc., have just been around par. After staying at Hidden Pond, I feel I have to write a review to let people know how great this place really is. The service at Hidden Pond was outstanding. From the moment we arrived we were given the 5-star treatment. Justin worked the desk and was the one who showed us the resort and our cottage. He made us reservations when we needed them and recommended a lot of great activities for us to do. On the resort they have a very unique tented spa, a bike shed, a farm, and a fitness center, which you can see all of them in my pictures. Normally on a vacation, my wife and I tend to sleep in rather late, until around 11-12, but we found ourselves waking up every morning around 9 for the fresh squeezed oj, the coffee, and the fresh baked pastries which were delivered to our front door daily. Also included with the breakfast was the New York Times, and the Hidden Pond Ledger which was a daily article providing some activity ideas for the day, and the drink of the day which was served at the Lodge Bar. My wife and I met the owner over drinks one night, and he was such a nice guy. He bought us tickets to the local playhouse where we saw a very cute play, and he sent me out on a lobster boat trip on his bill. I have never been to a hotel or resort where the owner would even consider that, which is why Hidden Pond is so special. There only concern is making you happy, and the friendly staff and ownership make this very. The cottage was great. It had everything we needed, washer/dryer, bose stereo with ipod dock, tv with dvd player, the best bed ever, full kitchen, large screened in porch with day bed, and probably our favorite part the Monoply boardgame. Despite it raining and being around 50 degrees the entire trip, it was still a great trip, and definitley the best place I have stayed. If you are looking for a gorgeous, quiet, well designed inn, I would definitely recommend staying at Hidden Pond.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden Pond is a private retreat for those seeking high-end accommodations and personalized services in a relaxed and natural setting. The (16) two-bedroom cottages and (20) one bedroom bungalows, feature Frette linens, fireplaces, flat screen TVs and Bose sound systems with iPod docks, state-of-the-art kitchens in the larger cottages while the bungalows feature a wetbar, landscaped outdoor showers and decadent screened porches allowing inside living to virtually extend out amongst the forest. Earth at Hidden Pond is an al fresco restaurant focusing on farm-to-fork freshness. Heirloom vegetables and herbs are picked daily from the surrounding gardens, and thoughtfully incorporated into both food and beverage menu offerings. Another added amenity is the new Tree Spa, featuring three spa treatment rooms nestled in the trees. The Tree Spa is available to guests only and their services will further ensure your visit is nothing but blissful. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hidden Pond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Pond Hotel Kennebunkport
- Hidden Pond Kennebunkport, Maine