“Blown Away!”
Review of Hidden Pond

Hidden Pond
Ranked #6 of 25 Kennebunkport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 July 2009

Hidden Pond is by far the nicest place I have ever stayed. My wife & I brought my mother to Hidden Pond for 2 nights as an early birthday present. Our cottage was better than any 5 star hotel that I have ever stayed in. It rained heavily both days that we were there, but we didn't mind being rained in at such a beautiful place. The staff is also excellent. They were extremely friendly, attentive, and fun. Make sure you stop by the lounge and try the drink of the day while watching the nightly bonfire. We can't wait to go back to Hidden Pond next year.

1  Thank viking85

Reviewed 7 July 2009

we loved everything about the hidden pond. we have travelled all around the world over 30 years and the hp is one of the best places we have ever stayed. this was the end of a wonderful 3 week trip celebrating our 25th anniversary and it was the perfect ending! we felt so at home in our cottage, the firefly. it was beautifully decorated and very comfortable to hang out in.. the staff was the highlight of the pond, with everyone being very knowlegable and so friendly. all of the suggestions they made regarding food and sightseeing wee right on the mark. the property is in such a lovely setting amongst the maine woods and the farm/gardens were stunning. between their bikes and a very well equipped workout room you had good choices for getting some exercise if you so desired.
you would be hard pressed to find any fault at this special place. we can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lilbucket
Reviewed 4 July 2009

I hadn't been to Maine in over 20 years, but as soon as I arrived at Hidden Pond and we openned the car door we smelled the oak fire from the lodge welcoming us to Kennebunkport. It doesn't take long to feel comfortable kicking off the shoes and begin relaxing. We stayed in the Firefly cabin with another couple and had plenty of space to call our own. The attention to detail is terrific. We were planning on doing much more sightseeing, but were content barely leaving the property. We explored the grounds and swam in the pool. The staff were all very accomodating and often asking if there was anything else they could do. Everything is first class. Linens, silverware, beds, furniture, decorations, and most of all the staff of Hidden Ponds. We'll be back!

1  Thank Shadubi
Reviewed 17 June 2009

We spent 5 wonderful days in a cottage in the woods. It was one of the best vacations my wife and I have ever had. The ownner, Tim was a delight to get to know and to see his passion for treating people to an unbelievable experience. The staff was outstanding and they did everything to make our stay enjoyable. I have never seen cottages decorated with such taste and comfort and tucked away in a more beautiful setting.We will remember this trip for a lifetime!

1  Thank Thelar
Reviewed 15 June 2009

If you are looking for an incredibly relaxing vacation in an idyllic setting with gorgeous décor, superior service and attention to detail, look no further, book your reservations at Hidden Pond. My husband, three-year-old daughter, in-laws and I spent a magical five days there in early June and loved it. We are already looking forward to going back. I was in charge of selecting our lodging so the pressure was on – the place needed to be child-friendly, appeal to my in-laws (who are from a beautiful part of the country, Santa Barbara, California) and be relaxing for my husband and me (both of whom work in NYC). I did not go wrong choosing Hidden Pond. The tone was set immediately upon entering the grounds with charming signs scattered throughout the gently winding road that read “Drive Slowly, Breath Deeply”, “Slow, Please. Turtle Crossing” and “Folks on Bikes”. What follows is nothing short of enchanting – from the rustic but chic lodge (which I would find excuses to visit so I could take in every detail), to the perfectly appointed cottages, to the superb staff. Karen, Christy and the rest of the staff were amazing and were attentive to every detail. Karen was even kind enough to give us a tour of some of the other cottages (we were lucky that we were there early in the season before they filled up). Each one was more magnificent than the next. While doing my research on HP (the website sold me pretty early on), my only reservation was that it was not located on the water. As soon as we arrived, it was clear that this was a non-issue. After a day at the beach or exploring Kennebunkport, we were all thrilled to return “home” to our sweet cottage (Andrea’s Gate), whether to go for a swim in the pool, take a nap on the screen porch, read a book in one of the rocking chairs on the front porch, get a massage under a tent in the woods, do some yoga, go for a bike ride, stroll through the farm, roast marshmallows or simply sit still and listen to the birds chirping. Tim, the charming owner with movie-star good looks, personifies the best attributes of the modern hotelier. His warm welcoming attitude and great generosity make you feel like you are personal guests at his country home. We are fortunate to have been able to visit many wonderful places around the world, and HP is without question one of our absolute favorites. What a truly memorable experience.

2  Thank Melisita
Reviewed 14 June 2009

My partner and I just returned from our 2 night visit to Hidden Pond and we've run out of superlatives to describe this place. This was one of the best experiences we've had... anywhere. It was like staying at the chic summer home of a fabulous friend.

The "cottage" is like a luxury suite, complete with Frette linens, robes, slippers, fabulous bath products, etc. The beds were out of this world. The amenities rivaled those of a 5 star resort, but the best part is that you are in your own private home with space to stretch out and just relax. It includes a well-appointed kitchen, washer and dryer, dishwasher, etc. There was a big screened in porch with a day bed where we spent most of our time just reading and relaxing. There was even a private outdoor shower. The cottages are thoughtfully designed with all the right details, right down to the dimmer switches on the lights.

We stayed in #8, aptly named Lazy Days. It was decorated with great original art, high quality fixtures and a sense of whimsy (without being goofy).

The grounds are gorgeous, with a stylish pool area, sandy bonfire pit, incredible little bar, small garden where we picked fresh lettuce, a very well-equipped workout room, and plenty of bikes to ride to the beach. Ugh, it is heaven.

There is an obvious green effort going on here, too. In fact, they use a garlic spray around the grounds for bug control, which seems to work -- not a single bite to report.

Oh, and I can't forget to mention the awesome little basket of breakfast goodies that comes delivered each morning to you your door, complete with breads, jams, coffee, OJ and the NYTimes.

Finally, and most importantly, the staff is excellent. I can honestly say that each person I met seemed genuinely excited to be part of this great place, and it shows.

All the luxe linens in the world can't give a place true warmth. The personality of this place is what sets it apart.

We can't wait to return.

2  Thank Docranium
Reviewed 14 June 2009

I have stayed at quite a few top hotels and resorts in the country, but never after leaving have I wanted to write a review about them, positive or negative, because the service, hotel, etc., have just been around par. After staying at Hidden Pond, I feel I have to write a review to let people know how great this place really is. The service at Hidden Pond was outstanding. From the moment we arrived we were given the 5-star treatment. Justin worked the desk and was the one who showed us the resort and our cottage. He made us reservations when we needed them and recommended a lot of great activities for us to do. On the resort they have a very unique tented spa, a bike shed, a farm, and a fitness center, which you can see all of them in my pictures. Normally on a vacation, my wife and I tend to sleep in rather late, until around 11-12, but we found ourselves waking up every morning around 9 for the fresh squeezed oj, the coffee, and the fresh baked pastries which were delivered to our front door daily. Also included with the breakfast was the New York Times, and the Hidden Pond Ledger which was a daily article providing some activity ideas for the day, and the drink of the day which was served at the Lodge Bar. My wife and I met the owner over drinks one night, and he was such a nice guy. He bought us tickets to the local playhouse where we saw a very cute play, and he sent me out on a lobster boat trip on his bill. I have never been to a hotel or resort where the owner would even consider that, which is why Hidden Pond is so special. There only concern is making you happy, and the friendly staff and ownership make this very. The cottage was great. It had everything we needed, washer/dryer, bose stereo with ipod dock, tv with dvd player, the best bed ever, full kitchen, large screened in porch with day bed, and probably our favorite part the Monoply boardgame. Despite it raining and being around 50 degrees the entire trip, it was still a great trip, and definitley the best place I have stayed. If you are looking for a gorgeous, quiet, well designed inn, I would definitely recommend staying at Hidden Pond.

1  Thank mde141
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
The Tides Beach Club
#1 of 6 in Kennebunkport
Inn by the Sea
Inn by the Sea
#1 of 1 in Cape Elizabeth

Been to Hidden Pond? Share your experiences!