“Worth the price”

The Lodge on the Cove
Ranked #9 of 25 Kennebunkport B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Lodge on the Cove is expensive but definitely worth the price. We spent 2 days three in late July and loved the whole experience. It was very relaxed and intimate with great customer service, the onsite food,pool and table tennis are great for families. The rooms are comfortable but designed for sleeping only. Location is great with stunning views if you go running or cycling along the coast straight out of the lodge. We loved it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
lodgeonthecove, Front Office Manager at The Lodge on the Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear TarzansBIL,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your visit with other travelers. Your visit with us seemed to fulfill your vacation needs with some great rest and relaxation time. Kennebunkport is a beautiful location and we are within walking distance to town, the beach, and a nice stroll along Ocean Avenue. We are glad that you relaxed and enjoyed our onsite amenities. Hopefully on your next visit to Kennebunkport you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Lodge on the Cove was adorable, and my favorite hotel of the trip! I was clean, tons of activities, helpful staff, great views. There is a great pool that has a bar, restaurant, and ping-pong. We lounged by the pool during the day (the Maine beach is beautiful but full of pebbles and cold water).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Dannell M,
You made the most of your time with us at the lodge on the cove! Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about us. We are glad that you took notice of the many offerings we have. I definitely agree with you that the Maine waters are cold but beautiful!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

A well presented lodge with good sized rooms and a pleasant pool area. The reception area has plenty of seating areas for the occasional rainy afternoon. Dinner shuttle was very useful - although it is only a 15 minute stroll into town. The restaurant is handy if you are around at lunch time although the morning cafe could be made more welcoming.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
lodgeonthecove, Front Office Manager at The Lodge on the Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear TravelerFarnhamUK,
Sounds like you made the most of your vacation with us. You have definitely pinpointed some great tips for future travelers. We are in close proximity to town; you could walk, take the shuttle or even take one of our bikes. Our lodge has an abundance of classic board games and family bonding activities so that there is still a great place for everyone to get together on those rainy days. We would love to hear suggestions for the café; my email is listed below. We just recently changed it up a bit with adding more items for not only breakfast but also for a grab and go style lunch. We know you traveled to us from afar but we hope that your next trip to the states you would visit us again.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We made our first visit to the Lodge on the Cove recently. We were looking specifically for low key boutique B&B type stay, but also wanted access to a pool, so this seemed like a great option. Overall, we were satisfied with our stay- the room and lounge decoration were lovely, everything very clean and new, and staff were friendly. I would recommend this hotel to couples traveling with children. Unfortunately, I would not recommend the Lodge to folks traveling without children. The hotel is a family friendly hotel, which is a wonderful thing… unfortunately, it feels less accommodating to those without children. We counted upwards of 15-20 children in the relatively small pool at any given time, making it impossible to use, no less actually enjoy/relax… and my partner actually got hit in the face by a child who threw her swim goggles off. It felt a bit like sitting poolside at a children's summer camp. Without being able to really enjoy the pool, the price of the stay felt hefty relative to other local B&B's, particularly given the additional resort charge and the lack of a breakfast (muffins and coffee are provided).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa_Eric_NYC

Dear Lisa_Eric_NYC,
Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation with other travelers. We appreciate your kind words on our décor and staff. I’m sorry that you had the experience that you did while relaxing poolside. That is definitely not what we want to happen for any of our travelers. I agree with your recommendation for couples traveling with children during the months of July and August. September and October are great times to travel for couples that are looking for a retreat. We hope that you are able to come back and visit us again.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My kids (4, 9) and I stayed at the Lodge during the tail in of our annual Maine trip. Having lived in Kennebunkport several years ago but not having been back with my kids - I was pleasantly surprised by the Lodge. Nice accommodations, activities and excellent staff. Secluded location yet only a short drive from town or beach area; it's probably a 10 minute walk to the water. All in all...and in the context of knowing the lay-of-the-land a bit...I thought the Lodge was an excellent choice for me & the kids. Some of the bigger-named "resorts" may be of comparable price but I would concur with some of the TA reviews; they are not as nice.
I have already recommended the Lodge to others and will stay with (you) again if able; thanks!
-Andrew from Denver, CO

1  Thank halpmaine
lodgeonthecove, Front Office Manager at The Lodge on the Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Andrew,
Glad that you returned to Kennebunkport for a visit! Thank you for your recommendations; it’s always nice for travelers to hear firsthand accounts of the memorable times people had. For some people looking at a map it does look like we are further away from town than people would like, but you are right, knowing the lay-of-the-land we are very conveniently located and within a quick walk. Hope your children enjoyed their stay with us as well and may it become a traditional stop on your annual vacation to Maine.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have thoroughly enjoyed my 3 visits to two different KPT Resort Collection Properties, The Lodge At The Cove and The Cottages On The Cove . First at The Lodge last Fall (along with my Dad) Brought him back in June for his birthday. On our most recent visit we were already at Kennebunkport when I checked my email and saw there was literally " No room at the Inn " Due to an inventory snafu through the booking company. Heather the Manager sprung into action and upgraded us to The Cottages. One each to ourselves! I can not say enough about the customer service, quality of the properties, very comfy beds, the bikes and to many great amenities to mention. I will be back!

Room Tip: I especially like the rooms at the Lodge nearest the pool. If you'd like complete privacy, peace...
1  Thank Rick P
lodgeonthecove, Front Office Manager at The Lodge on the Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Rick P,
You and your father are such a pleasure to have at our property. I’m sad that we couldn’t accommodate you at the lodge during this trip to Kennebunkport; but very glad that you got to experience Cabot Cove Cottages and all that they have to offer for peace and serenity. Hopefully your Dad got to enjoy his walk into town for a nice cup of coffee during this trip and you got to lounge by the cove. I would like to thank you personally for the kind words that you spoke of me; I couldn’t have done it without the help from Linda, the Assistant General Manager at the cottages. Can’t wait to have you back to visit.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here July 4th for 4 nights, after taking a chance and booking it on JETSETTER. I got an email, and we just decided to do it. I am a lifer. Really. I don't even know where to begin. Attention to detail is everywhere, the décor, the food, the rooms, the lodge. EVERYONE, was hands down awesome! Nice, friendly, helpful. Not one complaint. I am very picky about my rooms. The rooms are spectacular. So clean. Bedding clean and beautiful. My room attendant was hands on and absolute perfection. Our room was always spotless when we arrived back after a long day. Towels are clean and fresh. The Lodge itself is the perfect spot to everything in Kennebunkport. I almost didn't want to write this review because now everyone will go, and I might not get a reservation! But I cannot deny the staff, or this property that. The food is light and fresh, the bartenders are spectacular. They make great drinks and even think of holiday drink specials that were delicious. The cozy fire on a chilly evening, the open air bar, the pool is always being cleaned and looked after, so is the area itself. The front desk staff is amazing and professional. The beautiful artwork, the rooms, the staff, the food, the drinks, affordable, cleanliness, really, I am coming here every year. And you should too! Oh and did I mention, free bikes to ride into town plus if you forget your chair for the beach, they have some for you to use. Every detail is taken care of and special, to all of the staff, you really are special and thanks for making mine and Rose's mini vacation so special!

Room Tip: All rooms are good, even on second floor stairs are easy and the rooms are great on the second floor...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank stcygrl1214

Dear Stcygrl1214,

I had a smile on my face the entire time I read your review. Experiences like yours are what we are looking to accomplish for our guests; thank you so much for your glowing review of us. I’m glad that you pay attention to detail and notice that we do the same. Thank you for noticing all of the people that make us really well rounded; we couldn't make this place what it is, without our team who makes it happen. I am pleased to hear that you got to experience every amenity that we offer. I agree with you that sitting at the fire cove side is such a peaceful experience. We can’t wait for your return!