Busy summer without much time to write. We have been back to the LOC at least four times for just an overnight... and up to three nights stay. Every time it is a wonderful welcoming feeling as you walk through the door to the check in desk. The folks that work there are so friendly, the small resort, I'll call it, is very clean and beautifully decorated. The folks that run the LOC are always updating and adding little things to make the guest's stay nicer.
This year they have placed nature machines in the rooms, wonderful if you want to take an afternoon nap and not be disturbed. I just read another review on facebook mentioned a coin for kids upon check in for a free popsicle - a simple yet delightful idea. A firepit with nightly s'mores for the kids or the adults who still love a good s'more! This year they have opened a separate breakfast nook areas which is delightfully charming in it's decor. Kudos to their decorator what an eye!
The DORY which is open in the summer is set right off the pool, yet partially enclosed so you don't have to feel you are at the pool if you want to sit and have cocktails. There is an adjacent room that is very cozy with sofas and lanterns lighting the room as you sip cocktails. In concert with rest of the resort you have a uniquely decorated bar area with a small but good menu, top shelf brands for drinks and they are open to making any drink you ask for. I recommend the Pina Colada's. I haven't been there for their Reggae Night yet but it sounds awesome! There is also a spiral staircase bringing you up to the main recreation/sitting room. I favor this room for working on my computer or reading....it's a relaxing rotunda style room overlooking the cove. In this fireplaced room there is a self serve coffee and tea bar all throughout the day, iced tea and iced coffee in the summer too, a nice touch. And daily newspapers from different locations as well.
Each room has a sitting area outside with a pull across curtain for privacy, such a simple yet nice touch.
The rooms: as I have said previously are wonderfully decorated but more importantly are VERY VERY clean which is priority for me when travelling. Thre is a mini fridge in each room as well. And wi-fi throughout this mini-resort.
The pool is crystal clear it is always being cleaned in the evening after hours. It is never overly crowded and families have, notably, all been very respectful with their children knowing there are couples on vacation as well. I love sitting by the pool and I'm not usually a pool person.
We haven't done this yet, but there is a blueberry picking special available now which sounds wonderful. The folks at the LOC even clean and package the blueberries you pick.
There is a shuttle to town if you so desire.
A ping pong table by the pool and another game I can't think of the name of, you throw the sand bag through a hole from a distance-such fun...a real retro feel. And bicycles are provided for a leisurely ride around the hilly neighborhood or into town (less than a mile).
We first found the Lodge of the Cove in the Fall on 2013 and we have been back several times and will continue to stay with them....wish I were going today! Off to work now ~ Cathy Yetman
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge on the Cove offers a modern and light hearted approach to the quintessential relaxed Maine experience. This newly furbished classic motor lodge is nestled on a wooded cove in Kennebunkport with a relaxed, yet refined, feel. The Lodge offers a vibrant mix of vintage, classic and contemporary furnishings, bold patterns and an upbeat color palette. It is a combination of natural elements, nautically inspired accents and local art that together bring an organic and eclectic Maine vibe. The Lodge will be the hub of activity with check in, lobby and a poolside bar – the perfect place for relaxing and soaking up the fresh Maine air. Onsite bar and restaurant, The Dory, will offer a wide array of fresh cocktails along with simple and delicious light fare. Glass doors open up to the pool deck creating a spacious area for games, gathering, dining or to simply just laze about. Welcoming and unassuming, The Lodge on the Cove is a happy place to visit, perfect for multi-generational travel, couples and young families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your The Lodge on the Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Cove Hotel Kennebunkport
- The Lodge On The Cove Kennebunkport, Maine