“one dock”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spring Street
Description: One Dock Prime showcases classic steakhouse fare. Aged Prime Brandt beef cuts and local seafood take center stage to rich side dishes like creamed spinach, house cut fries and sautéed Brussels sprouts. The bar features timeless cocktails like Martinis and French 75s, and new-style updates like the Classic Daiquiri with house-infused watermelon rum.
Albany, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“one dock”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

great food, great service, great ambience ,never a long wait, close to town so after dinner you can take a walk. shops are open late.

Visited August 2013
Holly P, Manager at One Dock Prime, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you sid1711 for your review. We appreciate the kind words! The ambiance in the dining room, sundeck, and patio and relaxed and cozy. You cannot beat our central location, overlooking Dock Square. I am also glad that you enjoyed your stay at the inn! Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Kennebunk, Maine
“Kennebunks are becoming a culinary wasteland”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Another of the Kennebunk Resort group or whatever they call themselves. Unfortunately they now own a number of restaurants that are all (except for Ocean) equally dreadful.
This one takes the cake. The menu makes no sense and the food is greasy, overdone or still frozen.
Service is excellent however and a glass of Pinot Noir had to be from a bottle opened days before.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank montcler
Holly P, Manager at One Dock Prime, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you montcler for your review. We are terribly disappointed that you did not enjoy your most recent dinner with us. We have just changed our menu to one that focuses on a variety of small plates. We wanted to create an atmosphere where guests can order a number of food items so they can try a assortment of our menu, while being able to share. I assure you nothing on our menu comes frozen. We use the freshest ingredients available, most of which come directly from our house garden. We are pleased that you enjoyed the service. Our goal is to provide every guest with the best service possible. Please accept our apologies on your glass of wine. I wish you had mentioned it to the server, as we would have corrected the problem right away. I will definitely look into this and see that it doesn’t happen again. I really hope you will try dining with us again, as your experience is not the norm. We would like to welcome you back if you are in Kennebunkport in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
“GOODBYE FLASH”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The only reason we went to One Dock for all these years was for Flash Allen, a fantastic entertainer. We were there is past friday only to be told by Flash that he is no longer going to be playing there, 6/13 is his last time as he is no longer worthy. We are not the only one, the table next to us a party of 3 who I've seen many times, said they won't come either, they travel to get to him and so do we. If we go to Maine for a getaway certainly we don't need One dock with almost no "Maine Seafood" and what food they have is not great, it's ok, but can't say it's work going out of my way for.
Flash was the reason we would go, he has a very large following with tourists and locals alike. Not to mention when I said, why not go to another place, he said the other places already committed. So not only are they not bringing back a long time favorite they told him at a time when finding other places is going to be hard. Maine is seasonal although Flash played there for NYEve too.

Well guess you won't be getting my money anymore and I can tell you the people I talked to felt the same way.

Now let's get to the reservation. I called and asked to book the "bar" area only to be told we no longer take reservations there. Fine, but when we showed up, one table was booked with a reservation on it. When I commented they said, "for handicapped reasons" Ok. fine, but the party that came and were given that table were not handicapped, not even close. To be treated this way is not the way to run a place.

The menu changes are not for the better either in my opinion, no real Maine seafood, and truthfully what is on the menu is ok, what I call edible, but nothing worth going out of my way for. I don't like most options and nothing really simple. Over sauced food is what I call it.

The bartender a lady who I've seen for years is very nice and very helpful, she and Flash were the bright spots. No more Flash no more of our money

• Visited June 2014
Holly P, Manager at One Dock Prime, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you Misssweater for your review. It is upsetting to us that you didn’t fully enjoy your most recent visit to One Dock. Though we have made some changes to the music that will be offered in our pub, we would like to assure you that “Flash” is still on our entertainment schedule. In response to guest suggestions we have decided to go with a lighter/more back-ground style entertainment. We apologize to hear about the mix-up at our bar in regard to you attempting to make a reservation. We typically do not take reservations in the bar, as it is so popular and difficult to accommodate everyone. The table you inquired about in your review was reserved for someone with a mobility issue. The guests cancelled at the last minute and the table was filled by the next arriving guests. We hope you will come back and try us again as we have had a lot of positive feedback regarding our most recent updates.
New York City, New York
“Fine dining”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Upon entering I was praying I wouldn't be seated where the bar was as it was so loud lol. once seated service was great, food was spot on as well. Glad I was able to dine there.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank rbtwo4
OneDockManager, Manager at One Dock Prime, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you rbtwo4 for your review. Our bar is certainly very lively, especially on the evenings we have live music. Our dining room away from the bar is well suited for guests who would like to enjoy conversation and a quieter atmosphere. I am happy to hear you had an overall good experience with us. We are glad you joined us! Next time you're in the area, be sure to say hello. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Concord, New Hampshire
“Is this really a restaurant?”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Honestly, I was shocked when we were seated at One Dock. It looked more like a lounge than a restaurant. There are very few tables here. My husband and I went on a Tuesday evening when $5 bites were featured. I took advantage of this and ordered the crab cake, fried shrimp and a "farm to table" salad of the day from the main menu. The salad of mixed greens was overdressed with the house balsamic dressing. So I would suggest ordering any salad with the dressing on the side. The crab cake was very tasty, but the shrimp dish was truly odd. The three pieces looked like they'd been electrostatically charged. They had been battered and then rolled in what appeared to be Chow Mein noodles. The noodles sprayed in all directions when you bit into the shrimp, not a pleasant experience. My husband opted for the "lazy" lobster presentation of the day served on mashed potatoes, somewhat lacking in the flavor department. I would not return to this restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank ElaineK76
OneDockManager, Manager at One Dock Prime, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you ElaineK76 for your review. Our restaurant is split into two sections, our lounge and our back dining room. During the off season, we sometimes only open the lounge for seating. During the summer months, we open up tables in both areas.

Tuesdays are a fabulous day here at One Dock with an abundance of $5 small plates. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the crab cakes. We have an non-traditional version of the classic fried shrimp; a wonton wrapped crispy shrimp mousseline with sweet chili sauce. I am sorry that you did not enjoy this. Our lazy lobster is a Maine classic, and one of our most popular dishes. It is disheartening to hear that you did not enjoy this. I have passed your comments along to our chef.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments; without constructive reviews like yours, we would have no opportunity to grow. If you would like to discuss your visit further, please feel free to email me at lee@onedock.com. We hope that you will consider trying us again - you will not be disappointed!