Earth
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hidden Pond Lane
Description: **Earth at Hidden Pond is currently closed for the winter season. We thank our guests for another great year and look forward to welcoming you back in May 2018.** Simple yet innovative, Executive Che Joe Schafer's menu at Earth focuses on "farm to fork" freshness. In addition to local meats and seafood, ingredients are used from one of two onsite organic gardens-picked daily and incorporated into each dish to enhance the many flavors and provide a taste that only fresh ingredients deliver. Hand-made pastas, house-made charcuterie and wood oven fired pizzas are thoughtfully prepared and sure to impress your palate. Our wine program features selections from countries such as Argentina, Chile, and Lebanon, while inspired, signature libations are concocted with freshly muddled fruits and fresh herbs from the garden.
Reviewed 13 February 2014

This continues to be a favorite when we visit the Maine Coast. The candle lit porch is lovely at night. The service continues very attentive and the food this year was exceptional. The wine list is extensive but could feature a larger selection in the under $ 100.00 range.
I understand that they had a new chef this year and he definitely had a positive impact on the food.

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Eclectic, but excellent food and cocktails. The daily sushi style specials are unbelievable; a combination of herbs that blend beautifully. The setting is gorgeous and cozy. Our server made great suggestions and made the experience that much better. Very busy, so reservations are necessary. On a side note, I emailed the manager to inform her of our experience and she didn't bother to respond ...disappointing. But overall it is expensive but fully worth it!

Danielle W, General Manager at Earth, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

CCullivan,
Let me first say thank you for taking the time to review Earth at Hidden Pond. I am delighted to hear you had great experience with us, and I am happy you were impressed with our food and cocktails. It is great to see reviews come in this time of year because if we’ve helped give a dining experience that is still being thought of and talked about, that is one of the best compliments we can receive!
I regret to say I never received an email from you with regards to your time with us! It is disappointing! Email is not foolproof and I will follow this response with a personal message to you with my winter contact information (Earth is closed until May). Thank goodness for TA, this is a great vehicle for opening lines of communication – especially when it sounds like good news that is being relayed (I hope)! I would hate to miss feedback any of our guests have for us!
Winter well and we hope to see you again at Earth in the spring! We open May 2, 2014 for the season.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

For my 60th birthday, my friends asked me to chose the restaurant where to celebrate. My first choice was Earth, even though we live in Montréal. So we chose to spend a week in the Kennebunks for this special occasion. We discovered Earth 3 years ago while vacationing in Maine.

What a great restaurant ... the ambiance. the decor and the food are exquisite ... The service is perfect. It has become our yearly gourmet destination.

We'll be back next September in Goose Rocks and will definitely have a night out at Earth.

1  Thank Diane T

Diane T,
Thank you very much for your review and for choosing Earth to celebrate your 60th birthday! To be your first choice for a 60th celebration is one thing, and then to be the first choice within an eight hour drive from Montreal…we are thrilled! We truly appreciate all the time you and your loved ones spent getting you to Earth. Please, when you come to Earth in September 2014, say hello. We love to make connections, new friends, and enjoy the return of our guests to Earth each year. Enjoy your winter, and we hope to see you again next season!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Caught the last for the year special dinner. Over the top great food and beer. Can't wait to go back for others next year. Very fair pricing.

AOYHopeful,
This October’s Beer Dinner was one of my favorite evenings of 2013. To have great brewers from Allagash, Maine Beer Co and Funky Bow Brewing in the house for the evening was just outstanding. Team Earth (myself included) learned a great deal from these masters – and had an amazing time doing it. I am so happy to hear your enjoyed your evening too. We will be doing this dinner again next October, and will have a few more dinners in a similar vein throughout the season. Please come and visit us again, and thank you for taking the time to share your compliments with us!

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I took my husband here for a fun night out. We love good, no nonsense but flavor-layered eats. Couple this with a well-matched beer pairing, and these five courses at EARTH were "have to go back"-fantastic! In fact, at one point during dinner, I asked my husband, "since everyone here is drinking beer, do you think anyone will notice if I pick up my plate to lick it clean?" He told me that I was giving beer drinkers a bad stereotype......(And, oh by the way, I did NOT pick up any plate, bowl, or even fork to do this)

If you want and need a cozy and romantic night out...AND, you like really great, farm-to-table type spread, try Earth. And, enjoy.

Hats off.