“Gorgeous restaurant, amazing food, great staff”
Review of Earth

Earth
Ranked #12 of 51 Restaurants in Kennebunkport
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hidden Pond Lane
Description: Simple yet innovative, Executive Che Joe Schafer's menu at Earth focuses on "farm to fork" freshness. In addition to local meats and seafood, ingredients are used from one of two onsite organic gardens-picked daily and incorporated into each dish to enhance the many flavors and provide a taste that only fresh ingredients deliver. Hand-made pastas, house-made charcuterie and wood oven fired pizzas are thoughtfully prepared and sure to impress your palate. Our wine program features selections from countries such as Argentina, Chile, and Lebanon, while inspired, signature libations are concocted with freshly muddled fruits and fresh herbs from the garden.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Went here last night. I was blown away by the design and grounds. It is, hands down, one of the most beautiful places I have ever been in. It was very artfully designed with a natural feeling in mind. The food was delicious and staff was attentive and friendly. And they were very accommodating and friendly about seating us right away even when I stupidly messed up my reservation time and thought it was later than it was and arrived a half hour late.

The food is expensive but I knew that when I made the reservation and I'm from New York City so I knew what I was getting into. I think it was worth it and for visitors from major cities used to higher prices, this was definitely a good value.

**Not sure if you can request specific tables, we sat near the window on a porch like area in the back but I would definitely request to sit in the main room next time because that is where the real ambience is.

1  Thank MsChris15
There are newer reviews for Earth

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Very, very overrated. I speak as a Portland restaurant aficionado. Our service was poor: The bartender was thrust into the role of waiter, the dishes were not explained, I was surprised that there were no specials, the dishes were uninteresting and were no better than average in execution: the foie gras was overcooked,the pasta overcooked and its sauce was indistinguishable, a wrong dish was served to one of our party and the server was confounded as to how to correct the error, dessert and coffee were not offered. The setting is certainly pleasant. Drive up the road. Portland is a half our away. Close your eyes and you can't miss a terrific meal.

3  Thank mainedoc2016
Danielle W, General Manager at Earth, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

MaineDoc,
Reading a review like this is disconcerting. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with your experience at Earth.

We do keep our outside tables on the pool deck and garden available for patrons who have not secured reservations for the restaurant ahead of time and seat them all on a first-come, first-serve basis; the same applies for both of our bars. We were able to accommodate you without a reservation, so it saddens me to hear you voice your discontent about being served by our bartenders. We only wanted to be accommodating and offer you the full menu at our bar. Our bartenders are knowledgeable, and would have gladly explained any dish that came to you. I will bring this to the attention of the staff and emphasize that we should be more perceptive and look for those guests who might enjoy a more in depth description of their food upon presentation. I am sorry you were not offered dessert and coffee. It is our expectation that each guest is offered dessert menus, and I apologize we did not extend an invitation.

We do not offer “specials”, but we do change our menus on a very frequent basis. The tuna dish was new to our menu the night you joined us, but instead of verbally offering a “special” we choose to add new items to our written menu. It is our hope that our servers and bartenders do bring these items to light when going over the menu with our guests; we will also review this point with our team.

We encourage you to come and dine with us again at Earth. It would be my pleasure to make you a reservation in the dining room, and make sure your server knows that you enjoy each dish explained upon presentation. We are happy to do so, and are proud of the food we serve and unique ingredients used in our dishes. If it is a unique dish you seek, we know we can guide you in a direction to make certain you have that experience with us!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Do not miss this experience if you are near Kennebunkport. There is not a better dining experience, more beautiful setting or all around great experience. We sat outside which was a bonus as it was a beautiful evening and it is quieter than inside plus you experience the beautiful grounds. We each had a different entrée and believe me you cannot go wrong with anything on the menu. Best night of our week long visit. Don't miss it.

1  Thank Bob W
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Some restaurants earn their reputations by preparing exotic dishes with expensive ingredients. Our experience was that Earth simply prepared it's farm-to-table dishes to be among the best I've ever eaten. When a chef can turn raw oysters into a rare treat by preparing an other-worldly mignonette sauce, a pasta dish with "stinging nettles" and "rain deer moss" that was perhaps the finest pasta dish I've eaten, and a foie gras "tamale" that would make Rick Bayless envious, his talent is truly remarkable. Yes, the restaurant was gorgeous...and set in a spectacular location: but the food was the real star...Bravo! I only regret that I live 1500 miles away and will have to wait until next summer to return

2  Thank rickhaha
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Truly a great dining experience. We were not staying at the resort and had never heard of the restaurant or the resort before this trip. We saw the write ups on Earth on Trip Advisor and Y...p! and had to try it. The ladies who took my reservation, could not have been nicer, we were waitlisted and were eventually given a good time to eat. From the grilled peaches, to the salad, to the pizza, to the oven roasted potatoes, to the lobster to finishing off this great meal with a great dessert. I highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely come back.

2  Thank philip w