Colony Hotel
Nonantum Resort(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
US$206
Rhumb Line Resort(Kennebunkport)
US$104
The Grand Hotel(Kennebunk)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$165
King's Port Inn(Kennebunk)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$152
US$75
Grace White Barn Inn and Spa(Kennebunk)
US$351
US$316
US$113
Hotels.com
Kennebunkport Inn(Kennebunkport)
No availability for your dates from our partners
The Tides Beach Club(Kennebunkport)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsputting greenheated salt water poolmain buildinggrand old hotelgalland houseprivate beachair conditioningocean viewceiling fandog loversbreakfast buffetnew englandblueberry piebeach hotelwalk in closetpool sidebush compound
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I would highly recommend this hotel. The staff was friendly and accomodating. Our room was clean and had a spectacular view of the ocean.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gelmano
Reviewed 16 September 2009

Having vacationed for the last 26 years at The Colony, I felt the need to express my thoughts concerning this outstanding hotel. First, its location places it in a class by itself. Upon entering the lobby one immediately senses a real warmth, because of the decor, and the welcoming greetings from the desk staff. Then, exiting through ocean side of the lobby, one experiences a breath-taking view, unparalleled along the Maine Coast. This magnificent scene includes beautiful gardens, and manicured lawns, and a span of beach and miles of ocean front. Additionally, from the well furnished wraparound porch, you can see the large, heated salt water pool, surrounded by very comfortable chaise lounges and umbrellas.
In addition to the location, The Colony exudes a very special feeling of friendliness, with the emphasis on making the guests comfortable. The entire staff is friendly, courteous, and as helpful as could be. I have found delightful people in every staff level.
Suffice it to say, we return to The Colony year after year and we have never seen fit to offer one complaint. The Colony, is indeed, IN A CLASS BY ITSELF!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 8 September 2009

We had a large, ocean view room with a walk-in closet. It's a historic (vintage) hotel. The pool is really nice and we took the dog down to the beach with us too. Breakfast was decent. Most of the staff were VERY friendly and helpful.

We had a great experience but if you don't like dogs - do not stay at the Colony! There were a TON of other dogs there. So we didn't feel self-conscious about it at all.

1  Thank chicago!traveler23
Reviewed 8 September 2009

I usually do not write reviews however The Colony Hotel exceeded our expectations so much that I must share the experience with others - great value ($149/night), everything about this establishment was outstanding including the service staff, saltwater pool, private beach , gorgeous views of the ocean, stately and well-maintainted property (circa 1912), proximity to town (walking distance to all), pet friendliness, live entertainment, fabulous complimentary hot breakfast, very good restaurant, etc etc...we stayed in the Galland House which was quaint and peaceful. We were very pleased and will certainly return, as well as check out the "sister" property in Delray Beach, FL - if that's run as The Colony Inn is, it'll be another winner in our book which we'll highly recommend to family and friends.

Reviewed 2 September 2009

First let me say that I fell in love with The Colony and Kennebunkport in general,
so all the Pros far outweighed the Cons. The only problem with The Colony Hotel
is the aloof, complaisant staff who make sure you know the place runs for their
pleasure and not yours. There are some exceptions- the front desk staff was nice
and a nice man helped me carry my luggage up the steps to our room and to him I say
a special Thank You ! The problem staff is in the dining room, the gift shop, and the
bar. Our waiter in the dining room did not tell us there were specials- we found out when another waiter told another table about them later. Our waiter at dinner and our waitress
at breakfast were outwardly rude and unpleasant-the service was awful and was the
only big downside of staying at The Colony. For such an elegant address, you would
hope the management would institute training to improve the guest/staff relations.
I'm a friendly, polite person, and if I noticed the "attitude problems" then they are very
significant. The best part of The Colony is sitting on the big comfortable porch looking
out over the ocean. It makes all the downsides of this hotel worth putting up with.
The food was just so-so, the gift shop is awful, but the atmosphere and the gorgeous
grounds will bring me back. There are lovely gardens and a stately relaxing feel to the
place. Our room was great- in the Galland House, room 615, with big windows and
charming country seaside decor- fabulous bed/bedding, and the A/C works great.
Bathroom is cramped with little storage space, but the King Bed room was huge and
really nice for only $149/night !!!! If The Colony could hire nicer staff in the dining room
and bar and the gift shop, I think the overall ambiance of The Colony would improve
greatly. In the meantime, the big porch will keep me coming back-Thanks, Colony and
Kennebunkport ! By the way, don't miss the In Town Trolley Tour of Kennebunkport (45 Min.)- fabulous and really helped us fall in love with the town. Federal Jack's Brew Pub
is a must do- great water views & food & Shipyard Ale's home ! Don't miss the Lobster
Roll at The Clam Shack- best around ! Kennebunkport was my favorite stop of all of
Coastal Maine- even better than Bar Harbor in my humble opinion. I will return !

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple