“Old style sail with friendly crew”

Schooner Eleanor Sailing Tours
Port Elgin, Canada
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Old style sail with friendly crew”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Great experience sailing out of the coast. Captain and crew were informative and helpful. They let you bring food and drinks so go at 4 and enjoy beers before dinner. I liked how they wouldn't go if it was foggy saying how they wanted everyone to enjoy it. Highly recommend it worth the money

1 Thank vickyhardy

Central NY State
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“We wanted to love it but...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife and I have sailed on other schooners previously and always had a pleasant and enjoyable time. Based on all the positive reviews for the Eleanor, we looked forward to more of the same. Instead, we experienced what can best be described as a boring and unimformative 2 hour sailing trip. On all our previous sails on other vessels, the captain and/or crew would spontaneously engage the passengers in conversation, offer some history of the sailing vessel, and/or point out sights of interest during the sail; that was not the case this time. We had always wished our other sailing trips would never end; todays voyage couldn't end soon enough. Although the captain and crew were pleasant and professional, they offered little else to our sailing experience.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank fyrfightr17
caprich2014, Owner at Schooner Eleanor Sailing Tours, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
I am sorry that you were disappointed with your trip aboard the Eleanor..My crew and I always try to engage our passengers with enough conversation to determine what level of informative banter is desired by our guests. We enjoy discussing our local history of shipbuilding, commercial fishing, and tourism.
After 25 years of operating sailing trips in Kennebunkport, I have found that many of our passengers and numerous repeat customers, enjoy the peace and quiet of sailing along our coastline. It sometimes is a delicate balance between entertaining and taking in the sounds of the sea….. Again I am sorry we" missed the boat " on your trip.

Captain Rich Woodman
Glendale, Arizona
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Thank you, Captain Woodman and crew, for one of the most memorable experiences of our Maine trip! Our little family of three (from Arizona) had a particularly spectacular time! We were made to feel completely welcomed and comfortable from the minute we called to make reservations. The ideal sailing conditions and Captain Woodman's narrative made for a perfect day! The two hour adventure was further enhanced by the captain's anecdotes and knowledge of the area. We learned much about Kennebunkport's history, boat building, and skillful sailing.

Visited July 2014
Sebastian, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Excellent experienced crew - felt safe, had fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We booked this cruise at the last minute on the last day of our vacation. An earlier attempt at a sailing tour out of Camden was rained out. They were very accommodating with our last minute reservation.
I pay attention to safety - the ship, the crew - and I felt very safe on this trip. The crew had a very professional yet friendly manner. It was clear the captain and first mate were very experienced. The ship was well very maintained.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Donna32958
New York, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Very nice, would do it again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our time on this beautiful boat (2 hrs). Comfortable seating was limited, so we stayed but in our chairs rather than walking around the deck. Prepare to get chatty with your fellow sight-seers.

Visited May 2014