“New England Elegance”

Ranked #5 of 26 Kennebunkport B&B and Inns
Durham, United Kingdom
“New England Elegance”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Lovely surprise to find a bottle of Prosecco on ice in the room with a handwritten welcome note from the staff. This is a beautiful hotel decorated in classic New England coastal colours. It's centrally located in the very busy resort but there was minimal road noise. It advertises a Continental breakfast, but actually that included a full cooked breakfast selection too. The breakfasts were lovely, with a good variety of pastries, fruit and hot foods. For dinner they specialise in "small plates" -four plus a salad would probably be enough for two people. I'm shellfish-anaphylactic so eating in Kennebunkport isn't easy. Both nights I ate here the servers guided me through safe choices. Room was lovely, wi-fi was free, staff were great. They will give you free beach passes, towels and beach chairs at the front desk. I would stay here again.

Holly P, Manager at Kennebunkport Inn, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you andromedababe for your review. One of my favorite things about this job is that we get to spoil our house guests who are celebrating a special occasion. I am glad you enjoyed your surprise! Thank you for your comments about the decoration of the inn. We have a prime location in the center of town, but we are tucked away just enough so it is not too noisy! I am glad to hear that even with your dietary restrictions, you enjoyed One Dock! Our menu really does have something for everyone. I am glad the staff treated you well, both in the restaurant and the inn. We have a fabulous staff. Next time you find yourself in Kennebunkport, say hello! We hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Hillsboro, Oregon
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Because I was so impressed with the Kennebunkport Inn during our two-night stay there in July, I'm doing something I never do -- writing a review. One thing that seemed exceptional to me was the combination of very efficient management of the inn with an very relaxed and comfortable atmosphere inside the inn. That can't be easy to do. The second thing that impressed me was my newly remodeled room -- the re-modeler was a genius given the combination of simple elegance and livability that was achieved. One thing I liked was that each side of our bed had its own combination wardrobe, shelves, drawers, and counter cabinet, and each side also had its own individually controlled lamp that could be adjusted to an overhead position for nighttime reading.Everything about the room was impressive in both appearance and functionality, including the bathroom. But my favorite part of my stay was the free full hot and cold breakfast buffet served every morning until 10:30 am. I don't usually get moving too early in the morning on vacation, and tend to miss the breakfast offerings at other motels, which can be a disappointment because a good breakfast can be my favorite meal. And both mornings as I was sitting out on the veranda at 10:30 finishing up my breakfast, someone from the staff came out to me to let me know in case I wanted to get some more food before they took down the breakfast service. I almost kissed her hand.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Holly P, Manager at Kennebunkport Inn, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you Denny D. for your enthusiastic review. It truly put a smile on our faces. We are honored that you took the time to sign up for Trip Advisor simply to review our inn! I appreciate the kind words about our management. We want our guests to be worry-free on vacation, and I'm glad to see that was the case for you. Thank you for your comments about the newly renovated Riverhouse rooms! I am glad you found them both functional and visually appealing. You cannot beat a morning of enjoying breakfast on our sundeck. I am glad you felt you had time to enjoy it. I am so glad to hear that overall, you felt well taken care of and relaxed! Next time you find yourself in Kennebunkport, we hope to see you again!
New Jersey
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We booked the Peddle and Paddle package which included 2 night's accommodations, breakfast each morning, bike rentals, kayak rentals, a four course dinner at One Dock and a picnic lunch. Everything was excellent! There are so may little unexpected extras that were complimentary, such as: beach parking passes, beach chairs and towels. It made our stay so much more enjoyable not to have to sweat the small stuff. The breakfast was great! Pancakes and French Toast - YUM. (I am a carboholic!) The rooms/inn and furnishings were modern, yet had a nautical and charming feel. This is such a great location because everything - shopping, beach, restaurants - all are within walking or biking distance. No need to find a parking place. Thanks Kennebunkport Inn for a wonderful anniversary weekend!

2 Thank MelKiwi_10
Holly P, Manager at Kennebunkport Inn, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you MelKiwi_10 for your review! We love our location as well; smack in the middle of town. It's so convenient for our guests to be able to walk out the front door and be steps from all that the town has to offer. The Peddle and Paddle package is a guest favorite! It's fun to pick up your picnic lunch and enjoy it out on the river, while paddling your kayak. It doesn't get much better than that! We hope we are able to welcome you back to the Kennebunkport Inn soon!
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This charming inn is perfectly located in the heart of Kennebunkport. The amenities, views etc. are spectacular. Our 2nd time staying there - the staff couldn't be more helpful. The rooms are nicely decorated, a little small as noted in other reviews - but a great value. The breakfast is fantastic, they call it continental, I say, wonderful hot buffet as noted by Jerry L.

Room Tip: don't stay in the room, first floor next to the deck.
1 Thank Myopinions2
Holly P, Manager at Kennebunkport Inn, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you Myopinions2 for your review. You cannot beat our central location! We are thrilled to offer such a variety of amenities to our guests, like complimentary parking, wifi, breakfast, beach passes/towels/chairs, bicycles, a dinner shuttle service, and access to our sister property pools! I am so happy to hear you found our staff helpful during both of your visits. We have a fantastic group of people working here. Our Riverhouse rooms are definitely on the cozy side. We do offer some rooms with about 1/3 more space, which are scheduled to be renovated this winter! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us!
london
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here just one night last week. The hotel has been beautifully renovated, comfy beds, modern bathroom, coffee machine in room, etc, however our room was very tight, no view (at all!) and for the price you would expect better! We booked the package with dinner, wouldn't advise, as you are paying for a 4 course meal and the menu is not that of a traditional and is designed around small plates - also possibly the reason were allocated the room we were?

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chopper24
Holly P, Manager at Kennebunkport Inn, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you chopper24 for your review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated Riverhouse rooms. We completed the renovations in April and we couldn't be happy with how they turned out. The Riverhouse rooms are the coziest rooms on property. We offer packages for all of our room types, including our more spacious Federal and Mansion rooms. Perhaps these rooms were not available when you booked. Our menu does have a number of small plates, but with the package you can order however you would like. We do not have any stipulations on what can be ordered. We do have traditional entrees on the menu as well, which can be ordered on the package too. I do apologize if this was not explained to you. Our room and package rates are comparable with the other hotels in Kennebunkport. With the number of amenities we offer, such as complimentary bikes, beach passes, towels,chairs, supper shuttle and wifi, we feel the value matches the cost. We would encourage you to visit us again and maybe a larger room would suit your taste better. We hope to see you again!
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed 5 August 2014

From check in to check out and everything in between 1ST CLASS, decor & ambiance of the highest order, great breakfasts, peace & quiet, within 5 minutes of great restaurants and places of interest.
Great early morning walks and late evening entertainment on weekends.
Really very highly recommended.
Oh! and by the way this place has angels at the check in desk.

Room Tip: Ask for a Harbour View
1 Thank Bob C
Holly P, Manager at Kennebunkport Inn, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you Bob C for your review! We couldn't be more pleased with our Front Desk team this year. I would agree with you, they really are angels! We all do our best to go above and beyond for each and every guest that walks through the door. Your experience is what we want all of guests to have. Please come back and visit us again! The angels await you...
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stay at the inn this week. The rooms have been renovated so are very nice. Location is great if you are staying in town and another advantage is you get free parking which can be a problem in town. They have a great continental breakfast but that term doesn't give it the true reflection of what you get. Eggs, bacon, sausage and all the items you would get in any breakfast buffet . It runs from 730-1030 so it can become a brunch if you want to eat a little later. Prices in season are high as you would expect In a resort

Holly P, Manager at Kennebunkport Inn, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you Jerry L. for your review! We are so happy with the renovations to our Riverhouse rooms. I am glad you enjoyed yours. You cannot beat our location, right in the center of Dock Square. Parking can be very tricky, so many of our guests will not even bother driving after they arrive. Our complimentary dinner shuttle service helps with this, too! We describe our breakfast as deluxe continental, and usually guests are thrilled to see our spread of the food you mentioned. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We hope you are enjoying the rest of your summer.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
The Grand Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,596 reviews
The Boathouse Waterfront Hotel
The Boathouse Waterfront Hotel
#8 of 26 in Kennebunkport

Been to Kennebunkport Inn? Share your experiences!