“Relaxing getaway!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kennebunkport Inn
Ranked #5 of 26 Kennebunkport B&B and Inns
“Relaxing getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

We loved our stay at the Inn. We stayed in the Riverhouse and enjoyed the cleanliness of the room. The king size bed with all it's pillows, was so comfortable and with plenty of amenities. We enjoyed a bottle of wine in the afternoon on the back deck. The staff are very accommodating. The only small glitch, was an error in which our room was mistakenly charged twice, but the the front desk promptly fixed the error upon reviewing the charges.The breakfast in the morning was delicious, and we loved how the inn was in the heart of the town, and in walking distance to many shops, restaurants, and the beach. I would recommend staying here.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Holly P, Manager at Kennebunkport Inn, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Thank you Mcloupie for your review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the inn. Our housekeeping team is absolutely wonderful. I'm glad you found your room clean and comfortable - I'd say those are two of the most important things when traveling! Our sundeck is such a great spot to relax with a bottle of wine. I am sorry to hear there was an error in your billing, but happy to hear that our front desk team efficiently resolved the issue for you. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, and for your recommendation! We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I've now stayed here three times and shame on me. First, the staff are lovely and the restaurant is well worth it. But the investment these owners are making stops there...and why should they invest a dime when they can sell out every summer night. Fix the mold/mildew problem? Nah and yes, they have serious one. In my room it was visible on the windows...and no one sees this?? Then you have the fact that some rooms are fairly nice and others are dreadful. But who wants to gamble at these prices? They're not charming or quaint. Just dated and dreadful. There are so many great places in this area. Book in advance and steer clear of this money pit.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank herculepoirot
Holly P, Manager at Kennebunkport Inn, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Thank you herculepoirot for your review. We appreciate your kind words about our staff and our restaurant One Dock. I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. Please know I have passed your comments along to our housekeeping team about the condition of your room. This winter, we renovated our Riverhouse rooms. The remaining rooms are scheduled to be renovated this winter. In the interim, this does mean some of our rooms are more recently refreshed and have a modern style of décor, opposed to the more traditional style. Upon booking, we are happy to walk guests through our different room types/prices. We are very competitively priced with other hotels in the area, especially when you take into consideration our location and the variety of amenities we offer. There is no additional charge for breakfast, parking, wifi, beach passes, beach towels/chairs, access to pools, bicycles, and a seasonal dinner shuttle service. If you ever find yourself needing a room in Kennebunkport, we would be happy to book a newly renovated room for you. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if you would like to discuss your stay further. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Folks have talked of some room's being small. they are not big but they are fine for sleeping. Modern, super clean, everything you need. Bathroom also modern clean hot full pressure shower, great way to start the day. If you want more space you can go inside or out to all of the beautiful common area's. We had such a WONDERFUL time, we really did. The staff absolutely FANTASTIC. We did the Table for Two the view was extraordinary the food delicious, the waitress was sincere, helpful. funny, sweet just a great young lady that added to our all around experience. The place was beautiful, smack dab in the middle of everything. We sat out front and people watched, walked down town, sat on the back deck. Breakfast in the am hot and cold and very good. The folks in the morning were attentive, everyone housekeeping etc just so very nice.Will be going back! Oh it was our Anniversary and when we opened the door and saw a card from the Staff and a bottle of Champagne with two glasses, we knew it was going to be great but it was even better than we thought!

Sleep Quality
      Rooms
1 Thank mtngoff04
Holly P, Manager at Kennebunkport Inn, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you mtngoff04 for your fabulous review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated Riverhouse rooms! They are cozy, but are the perfect retreat after a long day out on the town! Sounds like you really enjoyed our property; from the expansive sundeck to our scenic front porch. The Table for Two package is a great way to experience all of our new menu offerings. We would love to welcome you back anytime!
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Lovely surprise to find a bottle of Prosecco on ice in the room with a handwritten welcome note from the staff. This is a beautiful hotel decorated in classic New England coastal colours. It's centrally located in the very busy resort but there was minimal road noise. It advertises a Continental breakfast, but actually that included a full cooked breakfast selection too. The breakfasts were lovely, with a good variety of pastries, fruit and hot foods. For dinner they specialise in "small plates" -four plus a salad would probably be enough for two people. I'm shellfish-anaphylactic so eating in Kennebunkport isn't easy. Both nights I ate here the servers guided me through safe choices. Room was lovely, wi-fi was free, staff were great. They will give you free beach passes, towels and beach chairs at the front desk. I would stay here again.

Rooms
      Cleanliness
Holly P, Manager at Kennebunkport Inn, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you andromedababe for your review. One of my favorite things about this job is that we get to spoil our house guests who are celebrating a special occasion. I am glad you enjoyed your surprise! Thank you for your comments about the decoration of the inn. We have a prime location in the center of town, but we are tucked away just enough so it is not too noisy! I am glad to hear that even with your dietary restrictions, you enjoyed One Dock! Our menu really does have something for everyone. I am glad the staff treated you well, both in the restaurant and the inn. We have a fabulous staff. Next time you find yourself in Kennebunkport, say hello! We hope to see you soon.
Hillsboro, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Because I was so impressed with the Kennebunkport Inn during our two-night stay there in July, I'm doing something I never do -- writing a review. One thing that seemed exceptional to me was the combination of very efficient management of the inn with an very relaxed and comfortable atmosphere inside the inn. That can't be easy to do. The second thing that impressed me was my newly remodeled room -- the re-modeler was a genius given the combination of simple elegance and livability that was achieved. One thing I liked was that each side of our bed had its own combination wardrobe, shelves, drawers, and counter cabinet, and each side also had its own individually controlled lamp that could be adjusted to an overhead position for nighttime reading.Everything about the room was impressive in both appearance and functionality, including the bathroom. But my favorite part of my stay was the free full hot and cold breakfast buffet served every morning until 10:30 am. I don't usually get moving too early in the morning on vacation, and tend to miss the breakfast offerings at other motels, which can be a disappointment because a good breakfast can be my favorite meal. And both mornings as I was sitting out on the veranda at 10:30 finishing up my breakfast, someone from the staff came out to me to let me know in case I wanted to get some more food before they took down the breakfast service. I almost kissed her hand.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Holly P, Manager at Kennebunkport Inn, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you Denny D. for your enthusiastic review. It truly put a smile on our faces. We are honored that you took the time to sign up for Trip Advisor simply to review our inn! I appreciate the kind words about our management. We want our guests to be worry-free on vacation, and I'm glad to see that was the case for you. Thank you for your comments about the newly renovated Riverhouse rooms! I am glad you found them both functional and visually appealing. You cannot beat a morning of enjoying breakfast on our sundeck. I am glad you felt you had time to enjoy it. I am so glad to hear that overall, you felt well taken care of and relaxed! Next time you find yourself in Kennebunkport, we hope to see you again!
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We booked the Peddle and Paddle package which included 2 night's accommodations, breakfast each morning, bike rentals, kayak rentals, a four course dinner at One Dock and a picnic lunch. Everything was excellent! There are so may little unexpected extras that were complimentary, such as: beach parking passes, beach chairs and towels. It made our stay so much more enjoyable not to have to sweat the small stuff. The breakfast was great! Pancakes and French Toast - YUM. (I am a carboholic!) The rooms/inn and furnishings were modern, yet had a nautical and charming feel. This is such a great location because everything - shopping, beach, restaurants - all are within walking or biking distance. No need to find a parking place. Thanks Kennebunkport Inn for a wonderful anniversary weekend!

Sleep Quality
2 Thank MelKiwi_10
Holly P, Manager at Kennebunkport Inn, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you MelKiwi_10 for your review! We love our location as well; smack in the middle of town. It's so convenient for our guests to be able to walk out the front door and be steps from all that the town has to offer. The Peddle and Paddle package is a guest favorite! It's fun to pick up your picnic lunch and enjoy it out on the river, while paddling your kayak. It doesn't get much better than that! We hope we are able to welcome you back to the Kennebunkport Inn soon!
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

This charming inn is perfectly located in the heart of Kennebunkport. The amenities, views etc. are spectacular. Our 2nd time staying there - the staff couldn't be more helpful. The rooms are nicely decorated, a little small as noted in other reviews - but a great value. The breakfast is fantastic, they call it continental, I say, wonderful hot buffet as noted by Jerry L.

Room Tip: don't stay in the room, first floor next to the deck.