The marvelous restaurant in this recently updated luxury contemporary resort overlooking Goose Rocks Beach just outside Kennebunk is NOT TO BE MISSED! What an incredible evening. A small dining room just off the lobby of this 22 room jewel is as close to superior as it gets. For the combination of superb food and as good service as we have ever received, you will not be disappointed. Our server, Kaylie T. really made the evening for us. She, as well as the others on the staff are bright, cheerful, well informed young people who really seem to enjoy their jobs. Many of them off to school in the fall.Some, including Kaylie, for graduate degrees. Fortunately for the establishment it is open only during the summer season!. The food is without compare in the area...especially since it is not exorbitantly priced. A creative menu featuring several lobster dishes (what do you know)... as well as a wonderful rib-eye steak. All of which follow an excellent raw bar collection with fresh oysters. The surroundings are magnificent and reflect what was obviously a huge investment by the new owners- the KRC Resort Collection. Generous use of marble, great design and color just adds to the enjoyment. The property is directly across from a magnificent beach where the hotel's :Beach Tenders" spoil you. The hotel itself has lovely, well appointed, though rather small rooms....many with ocean views and two suites that are actually ocean/beach front - a rarity in this part of the world! Rooms are pricey for the area...but one must consider that this is REALLY OCEAN FRONT. Reservations during the season are a necessity. One downer was a music combo (sax and guitar) that played during happy hour and blessedly retired at 7pm.They played entirely too loudly making conversation in this small area almost impossible to hear yourself think.The floors, walls and ceilings are all magnificent wood and the amplified jazz just bounced off of everything. Had we not been told that they were finished within several minutes of our arrival, a pleasant dinner would not have been possible. Overall, we were so pleased that we made reservations for tomorrow evening(AFTER 7!)...plenty of choices so nothing would have to be repeated. We asked to be seated on the porch tomorrow which also features lovely ocean breezes.Nice experience. BTW... it's a little out of the way on the Shore Road but the staff was happy to supply excellent directions when we made our reservation and the car's GPS found it without a problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stellar ocean views of one of the Northeast's most gorgeous beaches, The Tides Beach Club offers a high-end yet casual beach style resort with terrific dining, an vibrant cocktail bar and exceptional beach amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your The Tides Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tides Beach Club Hotel Kennebunkport
- The Tides Beach Club Kennebunkport, Maine