The Tides Beach Club
The Grand Hotel(Kennebunk)
King's Port Inn(Kennebunk)
Nonantum Resort(Kennebunkport)
View Hotel
Grace White Barn Inn and Spa(Kennebunk)
Colony Hotel(Kennebunkport)
View Hotel
All reviewssister propertygoose rocks beachfront porchhidden pondwatermelonrooms are smallno elevatornew englandbeautiful oceanhot breakfastfantastic locationshort driveearth restaurantget awaylong weekendthird floorupon check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Our complete experience from the second you drive up, to everyone there being kind and gracious and helpful, to magnificent rooms gracefully appointed was beyond the best. I have traveled the world and to find this just up the road is a fantastic surprise in the best of ways. Thanks to everyone.
The walk on the beach, autumn weather or not, is not to be believed.
What a way to fall in love all over again.

Room Tip: Just tell them what you like and they will make it happen
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wjorgenson
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I spent a night here on my way up to Bath, Maine. A lone female traveller looking for Fall leaves, couldn't have felt a warmer welcome at the Inn. It's got that sort of home vibe that I'd want if I got to live in a massive house on the beach. Only a much trendier, smarter, cleaner home than I will probably ever get to own. Certainly not one on a beach.

The beach is over the road. Literally, RIGHT over the road. Lovely romantic (if you're with someone, I made do with romantic thoughts!) long walk across the sand and beach chairs on hand for anyone who wants to nap.

Great cocktails, lovely breakfast, goodie bag on departure, lovely team.

The restaurant wasn't open but they laid on a free drive to the super-cool Earth at Hidden Pond. In fact, I'm surprised more of the reviews here don't mention Hidden Pond nearby. My advice, stay at The Tides so you can walk on the beach and feel giddy with the K'bunk beauty of it all and then spend a day at the Hidden Pond spa. Get a massage in the tree tops, eat at Earth and basically, you'll be in heaven.

Of course it's not cheap. Why should it be? If you want class, pay up. And it's class. I wish I was still there - either on the beach, or even just looking at it.

Room Tip: I assume there are rooms with beach views...mine was of the street which wasn't necessarily beautiful - but absolutely fine and it was a VERY lovely room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank chloerfowler
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Great fall get away spot, the Inn is a little treaure. It is beautifully decorated, great front porch for coffee in the morning,drinks and munches while viewing the ocean. Excellent restaurant, and many first class touches. I would go back in a flash.

Room Tip: Room 301 on the third floor was very spacious and comfortable with two wingback chairs.the bathroom was small but was stocked with great bath linens and it had an awesome shower, although it did not have an ocean view we loved it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy C
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel during the first week of Sept for 2 nights.

As our visit was after Labor Day, there were no issues with parking either at the hotel or on the road opposite.

The room was fantastic – well proportioned, with a lovely ensuite with a double walk in shower. The reservation staff were excellent and in conjunction with my husband, arranged for some lovely flowers to be in our room (as we were staying over our wedding anniversary).

Goose Rock Beach is lovely, and we would have liked to have spent a further day or so here to have just been able to spend a day reading on the beach

We ate at the hotel both nights, as it is quite a drive back into Kennebunkport, and there are no other facilities in the local area. The food was excellent, although we would probably echo some of the other reviewers comments in relation to the staff within the restaurant, who seemed a bit ‘detached’. (Examples included filling my husbands water glass with still water, when we had a bottle of sparkling water on the table – twice !!, when we booked for the second evening we were asked to choose which table we wanted (which we did) – although this was not the table we had the following evening (which was our wedding anniversary) and finally bringing us the bill for the meal as they had assumed we were not residents.)

Breakfast was good (we are not big breakfast eaters), although it was the other guests who told us what to do (basically find a table and help yourself!)

We would stay again, although probably if it was another ‘special occasion’.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2012 via mobile

cheaper rooms (still 250+) didn't have a great view, small but clean and very comfy. excellent views and beach walks. great front porch and atmosphere. very nice place, good breakfast, classy nighttime bar. overall not a value stay, but I don't think it's what they are going for.

• Stayed: October 2012