We loved our experience at Tides Beach Club! The furnishings were beautiful, both in our room and in the shared space on the main floor.
Our room, #210, was in the back of the house and offered a "partial" oceanview. The room was plenty large enough for us, including a nice wingback chair, king bed, armoire, and small bay window. The ceilings were vaulted, which also helped the room seem larger. The bathroom was plenty large enough for us, but we would have liked a bit more counter space. The shower was large and had nice subway tile and a great Kohler showerhead and handheld.
The inn is placed right across the street from Goose Rocks Beach and it's a very short walk to get there. The beach attendant takes great care of you and will provide towels, setup chairs and umbrellas, and offer water. The beach was taken great care of and was a wonderful place to collect seashells. We visited over Labor Day, and although the town of Kennebunkport was very busy - the beach was not.
The front porch is the perfect place to sit and read a book or enjoy one of their amazing cocktails. The staff even offered me a blanket one evening when it was a bit chilly. Again, fantastic service!
The Hidden Pond resort was also very nice. We enjoyed massages at the Tree Spa and enjoyed access to their pool. We took the provided beach cruisers and the ride was not too difficult - about 1.7 miles - and only one major intersection.
The restaurant and bar are very busy in the evenings - so if you visit during the summer, I'd suggest making a reservation. It is the only bar/restaurant in the Goose Rocks Beach area.
The drive to Kennebunkport is a bit long, but the beach was perfect and hubby and I were looking for a relaxing getaway. If you prefer to be in town, closer to all the action - note you will need to get a parking pass to get to Goose Rocks Beach and the parking was limited.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stellar ocean views of one of the Northeast's most gorgeous beaches, The Tides Beach Club offers a high-end yet casual beach style resort with terrific dining, an vibrant cocktail bar and exceptional beach amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Tides Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tides Beach Club Hotel Kennebunkport
- The Tides Beach Club Kennebunkport, Maine