On our way back from Portland to Boston, we stayed at The Tides Beach Club for the weekend in the Adler Suite. We had considered several other hotels but the Tides was the onliy one right on the beach and since it was named by Travel and Leisure as "One of the Ten Best Inns in America" it seemed like the place to go. In all fairness, our experience there was pleasant and perhaps we were spoiled after having spent two nights in the New Amsterdam Suite at the Camden Harbour Inn which was one of the nicest places we have ever stayed anywhere, but one of the ten best inns in America? I think not. First, the suite is worn and dated. We were forced to scotch tape holes in the screen to the outdoor porch ourselves so we could keep the door to the patio open. The complimentary continental breakfast was not special and the place was as noisy as a bordello day and night. The price of the suite was outrageous for what it was and I would only stay there again for the $199 a night I heard the front desk clerk quote somebody else for a room in the offseason. The only redeeming quality was the staff who were all young but extremely competent and helpful. If The Tides is one of the ten best Inns in America, I am George W. Bush.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stellar ocean views of one of the Northeast's most gorgeous beaches, The Tides Beach Club offers a high-end yet casual beach style resort with terrific dining, an vibrant cocktail bar and exceptional beach amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Tides Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tides Beach Club Hotel Kennebunkport
- The Tides Beach Club Kennebunkport, Maine