“LOVE”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Kennebunkport
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Great spot located across the beach, friendly people, clean rooms and amazing food... What else can you ask for. Definitely recommend the watermelon Cosmo, shrimp cocktail and lobster dinner, BEST lobster I've ever had!! Can't wait to return next summer!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
TBCManager, General Manager at The Tides Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2014

Dear Sarah P:

Thank you for your sharing your kind words about your stay at The Tides Beach Club. Our staff is very dedicated to making each guest experience the best it can be whether you are dining in our restaurant or simply relaxing on Goose Rocks Beach. I am happy you were able to enjoy some of the favorites that our restaurant has to offer, including our wildly popular Maine lobster dinner alongside one of our signature cocktails, the Watermelon Cosmo.

We look forward to welcoming you back next year to The Tides to enjoy another summer beach get away!

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Charming hotel on the Beach at Goose Rocks. Very comfortable room in a fully renovated old beach hotel in Maine. Very calm rooms in the back. Three floors without elevator is good exercise... Service is smiling and sympathetic though lacking professional knowledge for a high-end hotel.

Room Tip: Prefer back of hotel for quiet room because front of hotel has a nice porch attractive for after din...

Dear Rita499380:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here with us at The Tides. Our location on Goose Rocks beach provides our guests with a one of a kind coastal Maine experience, and we are happy to call it home! During our renovations a few years ago we were very dedicated to keeping the old New England charm of the building by creating warm, comfortable spaces that maintained the coastal feel for our guests. I apologize that you found the staff to be lacking professional knowledge. I am not quite sure whether you meant with regard to the industry, the property or the area -- but either way, I apologize for their shortcomings.

We hope that we can welcome you back to The Tides Beach Club in the future for another stay on Goose Rocks Beach.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

On our way back from Portland to Boston, we stayed at The Tides Beach Club for the weekend in the Adler Suite. We had considered several other hotels but the Tides was the onliy one right on the beach and since it was named by Travel and Leisure as "One of the Ten Best Inns in America" it seemed like the place to go. In all fairness, our experience there was pleasant and perhaps we were spoiled after having spent two nights in the New Amsterdam Suite at the Camden Harbour Inn which was one of the nicest places we have ever stayed anywhere, but one of the ten best inns in America? I think not. First, the suite is worn and dated. We were forced to scotch tape holes in the screen to the outdoor porch ourselves so we could keep the door to the patio open. The complimentary continental breakfast was not special and the place was as noisy as a bordello day and night. The price of the suite was outrageous for what it was and I would only stay there again for the $199 a night I heard the front desk clerk quote somebody else for a room in the offseason. The only redeeming quality was the staff who were all young but extremely competent and helpful. If The Tides is one of the ten best Inns in America, I am George W. Bush.

Room Tip: Don't overpay
1  Thank mrperfectionist
TBCManager, General Manager at The Tides Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear George W Bush:

I must make a disclaimer that I don't mean any disrespect by meeting you in the middle on your tongue-and-cheek comment at the end of your review -- I do believe wholeheartedly that we are one of the ten best inns in America, so therefore I found it appropriate to address you by the name that you requested.

Regardless, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay at The Tides Beach Club. Kennebunkport is a special town, and one that we are very pleased to call home.

Your review is a bit disheartening, primarily due to the tone in which it was written. Our recognition by Travel & Leisure is a reader's award -- so while you may not agree -- an overwhelming majority of T+L's readership enjoys The Tides Beach Club and has validated our efforts with an award that we are extremely proud of. The same young staff that you have applauded in your review rests their hat on this award. These acknowledgments fuel and inspire the hard work and commitment that we put forth...day in and day out.

I am sorry that you found the Jonathan Adler suite to be worn and dated. The suites are our two most popular rooms and guests enjoy them for their eclectic decor and coastal-minded atmosphere. With this said, you're right, you should have never had to resort to taping a hole in your screen. We have a dedicated maintenance staff who would have readily repaired any holes that were in the screen door had they been notified. I imagine this issue was likely not identified by our staff prior to check-in, and for that I apologize, but it was most certainly a fixable issue.

The lobby and social space is home to our popular restaurant and bar. I am sorry that you found the noise to be excessive throughout the day. Being that the building was constructed in the late 1800's, I will admit that it isn't the most soundproof building in town. We promote a lively and vibrant atmosphere, however we are incredibly respectful of guest comfort at night.

It is disappointing that you did not find the breakfast to be special. We include a continental breakfast, in addition to a selection of hot items for purchase. The breakfast is served in our beautiful beachfront sun porch, or even on the front porch if you'd have preferred...I can't personally think of a more special setting for breakfast.

If you'd like to return to The Tides Beach Club, please call me directly. It is evident that you found a lack of value in your stay with us, but I would revel in the opportunity to welcome you back and find common ground on a room, rate and experience that may be more satisfactory next time. I mean this genuinely and hope that you'll take me up on my offer. Please feel free to reach out to me at jgrimes@kennebunkportresortcollection.com or directly at the property at 207-967-3757.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My family and I have been traveling to Kennebunkport ME for many years. We usually stay at the Colony Hotel. When our children were younger, as well as in their teens, the top floor of the Gallant House with three bedrooms was perfect for us. Now that my husband and I are empty nesters we searched the internet this summer for a different place to stay. We found NIRVANA! The Tides Beach Club is located across the street from our favorite beach (Goose Rocks). What more could we ask for? Well... exemplary staff (always smiling), AMAZING food (try the roasted lobster, yummm), extraordinary deals from 3:30-5 during Happy Hour ($5.00 mussels). We chose a room on the third floor with a view. Spectacular! There is nothing more glorious than having coffee in bed while looking at the ocean or being lulled to sleep by the sound of the waves. TBC, as the locals refer to it is a 10 plus resort and we will be staying with them again next summer!!

Room Tip: Rooms with a view can't be beat. It's expensive, but worth every penny!!!
2  Thank Leanne D
TBCManager, General Manager at The Tides Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Leanne D:

Thank you for giving The Tides Beach Club a try for a change of pace. I am so glad that you found nirvana at the TBC! That is the ultimate compliment.

Our staff works hard and maintains a positive attitude throughout the day -- our team feeds off of the energy of the guests, so thank you for being a part of the process. I will send your compliments to Chef Shaw. The roasted lobster has become one of the most popular dishes on the menu and with good reason!

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back next summer!

Wishing you and endless summer,

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My wife and I spent 2 nights/3 days at the Tides. It has a great location across the street from a very nice sandy beach matching well with the relaxed charm of a beachside inn. One does need to note that you are about 15 minutes from the town itself but for us, this was perfect as we get the relaxation of a small beach resort with an easy drive to town.

The inn itself is very comfortable and inviting. The staff is exceptional as they were all available, courteous and happy to help with anything we needed. Plenty of bikes to ride and took out a kayak and paddle board into the cove. The restaurant recommendations from the Tides were both excellent, and the happy hours and breakfast both excellent.

We are already looking into our next visit!

Room Tip: Our room was on the small side and did not have a closet (small wardrobe at most). It was not a big...
1  Thank wwbob

Dear wwbob:

Thank you for sharing a review from your recent visit to Goose Rocks Beach.

You bring up a great point about our proximity to town. We certainly aren't in the center of Dock Square, but for guests looking to balance a sense of relaxation as well as the charm that the center of town brings, we feel we're situated perfectly! I am glad that you found the hotel to be comfortable and the staff to be accommodating. They work hard day in and day out to provide the best experience possible, so I am pleased to know that this shined through.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit! If you're looking for a slightly more spacious room I recommend either one of the two Oceanfront suites or Room 301. They all have a larger layout and feature closets for optimal clothes storage. We'd be happy to accommodate you in a room that best fits your needs!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed one night in the Jonathan Adler suite in August 2014 (Room 202).The room was beautifully decorated and had ample space with a king size bed and large sitting area with couch. But the balcony with two comfy rocking chairs and view of the beach made this room. From the moment we arrived the staff was warm and welcoming and made us feel at home. The hotel has beach chairs and umbrellas on the beach just across the street. I would highly recommend this hotel for couples and the restaurant was amazing!! The fried clams and the shrimp and scallops over lobster fried rice were delicious.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Emily B

Dear Emily:

Thank you for taking the chance to share your review from your one-night getaway to the Tides. I am so pleased to know that you found the staff to be accommodating and the food to be top notch. We work hard to think one step ahead to meet and exceed the needs of our guests.

I agree that our Jonathan Adler suites certainly steal the show at The Tides. I am glad that you enjoyed the spaciousness, eclectic design and private balcony. I hope to welcome you back to the TBC next year for perhaps a chance to enjoy #203, our second Jonathan Adler suite!

Wishing you an endless summer,

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This was our first time staying at the Tides( last four years we have stayed at Hidden Pond) and it won't be the last. We LOVED everything about this cute little hideaway. The front desk staff is amazing. They are smiley and helpful and seem happy to be working across from one of the most tranquil and beautiful beaches in Maine.
The food is TOP NOTCH from lobster to oysters to wonderful mussels ( like you want to drink the broth!) I would suggest that the menu could use a little more variety.That being said, I asked for a grilled cheese which was NOT on the menu ( I am a vegetarian and all my friends were eating burgers at lunch) and they happily obliged and it was PERFECT -with avocado and tomato and the worlds best fries!!( perhaps it should be on the menu??)The rooms are beautiful and clean..VERY CLEAN. There is no elevator which was fine because the three flight climb helped me work off my meals and OUTSTANDING cocktails. Blake, Ben and Hans are the nicest bar tenders and make superb drinks that are generous and flavorful and beautiful to boot.We stayed with several other couples and the front porch was our morning meeting spot AND our evening hang out spot rocking in the chairs listening to the waves. NOTHING BEATS the one minute ( maybe less) walk to the beach…where the staff that set up chairs and umbrellas and serve you water with lemon and bring you lunch if you choose. We were taking in the view and planning our kayak, paddle board and walking adventures by 8 am and only left the beach when the sun went down.
The complimentary bus ( mercedes) into town made it SO easy to venture out the the WONDERFUL eating and cute shopping in Kennebunkport. IF you stay here do not miss David's KPT and BANDALOOP- YUM YUM! You must plan your beach get away here.If it is booked? Try Hidden Pond - also a gem!

Room Tip: Second and third floor rooms have noise canceling doors before you enter hallway that keep restaur...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gottchagirl

Dear gottchagirl:

I am very excited to know that you enjoyed your time at The Tides just as much as your previous visits to Hidden Pond. The best part, as I'm sure you loved, was the ability to take full advantage of both resorts' amenities.

Thank you for taking a moment to mention the great team of employees that we have. We have a great mix of colleagues who have been with us since the beginning and then some who are new this season -- they all bring a unique dynamic to our service delivery. I will pass along your praise to the whole crew, particularly Ben, Hans and Blake.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Tides or Hidden Pond for years to come. There are many more excellent meals and lazy afternoons to be enjoyed here at Goose Rocks Beach. Wishing you an endless summer..

The Tides Beach Club

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunkport
Kennebunkport Inn
#5 of 6 in Kennebunkport
Nonantum Resort
Nonantum Resort
#1 of 6 in Kennebunkport

Been to The Tides Beach Club? Share your experiences!