We recently spent 2 nights at the Rhumb Line Resort during our travels around New England. This was the most expensive stay compared to Vermont and New Hampshire, but definitely the most sparse accommodations. We felt as if we were staying in Grandma's basement, complete with drop ceiling, low flat beds and cheap furniture. A dehumidifier was sitting in the hallway the whole time we were there, yet always full and never emptied. The indoor pool was a bit green and the staff were curt. We asked for more towels (only 2 in the room) and were questioned as to how many people we had staying in the room. The included continental breakfast was basic but fine to start the day, The resort in located a distance from the main town and would require a car to get into town. It's been years since we've stayed in a hotel with an outside access door and that felt a bit strange. There are a lot of accommodations that are more in town, but I'm guessing they are more expensive. Kennebunkport is expensive and crowded, if this resort is the least expensive option than it is worth staying there, but definitely check out your options closer to town. A trolley does stop at 15 minutes after each hour but is $15.00 per person. We had a rental car so we didn't use this service. You can not walk to the beach from this location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kennebunkport's Affordable Resort and only resort with indoor & outdoor heated pools, hot tubs and fitness center. Deluxe accommodations in a quiet wooded setting, short walk to ocean. On Ocean Ave, 1 mile to Walker's Point. Rooms with 2 queens or 1 king, AC/Heat, CCTV, mini fridge, coffee maker, deck or patio. Rooms include Continental Breakfast. On the Trolley Route. Kids 16 & Under Stay Free. Groups Welcome. Open Year Round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Rhumb Line Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rhumb Line Hotel Kennebunkport
- Rhumb Line Resort Kennebunkport, Maine