First of all I want to warn hardworking people to think twice about spending hard earned dollars to stay here for a vacation.Standing in the lobby looking at the old outdated leather furniture,dirty old rugs, messy disorganized front desk,and curt disheveled,unprofessional looking receptionist,I knew this wasn't going to be good.Well it was worse than that.Upon entering the room my daughter smelled urine and I smelled horrible body odor with musty ,moldy undertones.The room was described as recently renovated.The only thing that was done over was newer drapes,bedding ( top bedding and pillows stained),faucet (cheap) in bath area was replaced, the whole sink area needed to be replaced,very old and outdated.The room that contained toilet (old, outdated with black discoloration inside at bottom, just disgusting it looked like poop was stuck to area or just mold).The shower was another story.First time taking a shower there was hair in the tub area,so I am assuming housekeeping did not clean the tub.There was no drain catch to bottom of tub,just a gross rubber cover to place over drain when you are showering to collect hair.The shower liner was filthy with mold, just gross.The area with the toilet and tub was very tight, no room to move around.The rug was replaced, but looked dirty and had dark stains, not sure what that was.The furniture was old,outdated and the cushions on chairs dirty.The deck outside our room had old outdated furniture.Paint was peeling on deck, the deck wood was old looking.Not sure when it was painted last.The rugs in the hallway were dirty and outdated. Light fixtures, room numbers were original from at least 40 years ago. Cobwebs in corners of hallway. The door to get into room and to the deck area were original.On back of entry door was stained with filth.The first thing I did was wipe down doorknobs,TV control,faucet handles etc with antibacterial wipes.There is no wifi in room.The AC very loud,old and dirty,don't know when it was replaced last.This room was not worth the money.I was here in Maine for a family wedding. This hotel was recommended to my husband and I. The downstairs area was also old and outdated. The continental breakfast was just awful.It consisted of cereal in plastic bulk containers (not sure how long they were there), coffee,instant oatmeal,fruit from a can, hard boiled eggs, Danish and pastries placed under plastic covers (not sure where they came from or how long they were there) . This is not a resort.Parents be wary of putting your children in the outdoor as well as indoor pool areas.It is safer to go in ocean.These areas were dirty.The outdoor eating area was also outdated,old and dirty.I am so glad we did not eat here.This place reminds me of an old 1970's motor lodge that is trying to pass itself off as a resort.The place is not worth the price for what you get.Please check it out before you book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kennebunkport's Affordable Resort and only resort with indoor & outdoor heated pools, hot tubs and fitness center. Deluxe accommodations in a quiet wooded setting, short walk to ocean. On Ocean Ave, 1 mile to Walker's Point. Rooms with 2 queens or 1 king, AC/Heat, CCTV, mini fridge, coffee maker, deck or patio. Rooms include Continental Breakfast. On the Trolley Route. Kids 16 & Under Stay Free. Groups Welcome. Open Year Round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Rhumb Line Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rhumb Line Hotel Kennebunkport
- Rhumb Line Resort Kennebunkport, Maine