We booked a Riverside King Water View Patio room, and weren’t disappointed. The room was on the ground floor, large and well furnished, with patio doors leading onto a private balcony with reclining loungers. The view across the river and out to sea was beautiful. The only real gripe was that there is little soundproofing, so we heard our neighbours inside and outside the room. Breakfast was served in the adjacent restaurant and included a full continental selection, along with quiche, croissants, meats, cheeses, fruit, bread, bagels, bread and pastries, all eaten overlooking the sea. All in all, very, very nice, but at a price over $500 for one night it needs to be. We’ve stayed in better properties for far less, such as the Bayview in Bar Harbor, which beats this hands down!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in the 1880's, The Breakwater Inn & Spa is one of the most historic Kennebunkport hotels and inns with all the modern hotel comforts, located right on the Kennebunk River waterfront. Experience our chic water view inn rooms, cottages or spa rooms as you indulge in exclusive signature spa treatments in our luxury spa complex. Delight in innovative cuisine at Stripers Waterside Restaurant, taking pleasure in the freshest seafood, lobster and shellfish from the New England Maine Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, TravelClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your The Breakwater Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakwater Hotel Kennebunkport
- The Breakwater Inn And Spa Kennebunkport, Maine