“Hit and miss”

Hurricane Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hurricane Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 51 Restaurants in Kennebunkport
Price range: US$24 - US$38
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Sitting over the Kennebunk River in the Kennebunkport neighborhood of Dock Square. Hurricane Restaurant offers the freshest local seafood,locally grown produce and the finest of prime meats available in the market daily. Our Chef and Pastry Chef write our menus each day based on what is the freshest and finest product. Our wine list offers over 130 plus selections by the bottle with almost 60 available by the glass and has won Wine Spectator awards for over 15 years in a row. Our service is casual with our priorities being complete guest satisfaction. Please join us soon to enjoy our wonderful food and beverages and well as our spectacular water views.
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Great buzzing atmosphere and efficient service. There was a good selection of wines at a range of prices and the menu was varied. We scored with the Lobster Chowder which was excellent, served with warm bread. We shared the Mussels and again these were excellent, juicy and plump even if they were in something of an unusual broth.
So far a hit - the miss then came with the Garlic Shrimp with Linguine. Shrimps were OK but the linguine was swimming in an unpleasant buttery/oily sauce. Unfortunately we couldn't eat it and the plates went back almost full.
Service was friendly, in fact almost gushing but was somewhat spoilt by the sauce from the mussels being spilt on my trousers and then forgetting to bring me a spoon for the mussel sauce.
A fairy expensive night for some good food and some mediocre. Would we return, possibly not but the number of diners enjoying their lobster shows that this restaurant is doing something right.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,070)

Reviewed 14 October 2011

The service was good, the view was wonderful, but honestly, the baked lobster troubled my stomach. I've eaten lobster often since my arrival in Maine, a week ago; and I've eaten scallops as well. The scallops at Hurricane's tasted the best; but unfortunately, something make me sick.

Reviewed 13 October 2011

My wife and I were visiting Kennebunkport for the first time and after sightseeing in the downtown area we decide to have a drink at H's on a busy Saturday night. There were no tables available but we decided to have dinner at the bar and had a wonderful dinner. Shrimp cocktail to start and the pan roasted Statler Chicken and both were deliscious. Very friendly and attentive service. I would definitely recommend it!

Reviewed 8 October 2011

While visiting a dear friend in the Portland area, we decided to sample the fare at the Hurricane, right on Dock Square in Kennebunkport. The restaurant sits on a dock right next to the river, offering most diners a great view as well as a great meal. Although I have dined in the past at the now six-years-defunct Hurricane on Perkins Cove in Ogunquit, this was my first visit to the K-Port restaurant. The menu changes nightly and tonight's offerings were both diverse and very tasty. We studied the menu for at least five minutes before making our selections. The lobster stew was a great primer as was a large fresh shrimp cocktail. The lobster ravioli and the broiled jumbo lamb chops were absolutely delicious. The server was at all times polite, friendly, efficient and helpful.
A great experience in a great little seashore town! We shall return.

Reviewed 6 October 2011

the best pumpkin desert ive ever had the combo was divine.the view was spectacular.the atmosphere was great.waitress and hostess was very prompt.prices were ok. but we need to remember now is the time that the lcals start coming out to give back to the community.