“Great Maine food in a casual and relaxing location”

Arundel Wharf Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 51 Restaurants in Kennebunkport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The menu had a great variety. In fact, I had one of the best salads I have had in any restaurant and any price. Wonderful seafood and a very friendly and accommodating staff.
Try the local brews!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My first stop in town was at the Arundel Wharf Restaurant. The airline had lost my luggage, so I was not in a good mood. But after 30 seconds here, I felt all warm and fuzzy!!!! I sat by the water, took pics of the port / the schooner Eleanor, and enjoyed some lobster stew and a glass of wine. I returned the next day for lobster / avocado salad and more wine. I just hung out at the casual bar and chatted with the locals / regulars. Fun place!!! Must check it out!!!

1  Thank AmyMcGowen
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is our current favorite restaurant in Kennebunkport, and we have tried them all. I say "current" because things change. David's had been a favorite, but it has gone through changes that have taken it down several notches. I had the Lobster Pasta special. I didn't know lobsters had so many claws. It was very good. My wife had the Greek Shrimp Scampi. This is not to be missed. It was very nicely flavored and not overwhelmed with garlic.

Earlier in the day we stopped by their bar on the pier to cool down and had a couple of beers. That made us hungry, so we had an order of Crab Rangoon. It was simply delightful. that was when we decided to come back for dinner.

Service was excellent both times. There is something clicking with the service team, which is something other restaurants (or banks, or supermarkets...) should figure out how to emulate.

Excellent experience all around.

1  Thank Allyn L
Reviewed 30 June 2014

A pleasant spot on the water. Very popular. I enjoyed a beer and the haddock sandwich. My family and friends enjoyed the lobster rolls. The sangria was just ok. The fried clams were poor and expensive. Big chewy clams with big bellies. Not crisp at all. We should have asked what the "market price" was, so shame on us. The waitress also could have told us. The plate was $32.99. The small plate $17.99. Go and have a great time but do not get the clams, fair warning.

1  Thank quietvisitor
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was the first restaurant we stumbled upon from walking down on the sidewalk from our hotel. We sat out under the tent, because the sun was quite hot. Dinner was very good and it had a nice atmosphere.