“Great location, eh food”

Arundel Wharf Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I had lunch here upon arrival with my wife and toddler. The location is great. It is situated right along the river with a beautiful deck (covered and uncovered).

The lobster dishes look impressive. I had the lobster club sandwich and my wife had the lobster roll. In both cases the sandwiches were heaping with lobster. But the flavor wasn't there. We think the lobster may have been overcooked. The lobster roll came with a meager half-handful of fries (like they had depleted the fry supply on our order).

Bottom line: this place was fine but not necessarily better than several others in town.

2  Thank DeeBeeChi

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and I have been frequenting Arundel Wharf for years and up until this last visit were very happy. Arrived at about 2:45 (lunch ends at 2:30 and they have a "GRAZING" menu until dinner). I LOVE their cheese, tomato and avocado sandwich (pretty basic I think) that is unfortunately NOT on the grazing menu???!!!! Even kids would enjoy this sandwich. Other entrees have the cheese, tomato and avocado so one would THINK they could provide the sandwich. Answer - NO - we have shifted over to dinner menu. I suggested that they give me a cobb salad but hold the lettuce, etc. and give me the cheese, tomato and avocado and i could make my own sandwich!!!! Sent a letter to the owner Bob Williamson and NO reply. Customer Service???~~~ You would "think" that they would want to SATISFY a customer by providing a simple sandwich - I wasn't ordering a prime rib dinner during the "grazing menu time".

Arundel totally missed the boat - they could have had a VERY satisfied customer by simply providing a simple sandwich. Instead they have lost a loyal customer but I guess it doesn't matter - they must believe that their business is great enough that they don't need to make customers happy. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING!!! I gave the owner a chance to respond before posting on TripAdvisor but I guess he really doesn't care.
P.S. It was my husband's and my 42 wedding anniversary - next year we will NOT be celebrating at Arundel Wharf.

3  Thank manchesternhmoe
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The menu had a great variety. In fact, I had one of the best salads I have had in any restaurant and any price. Wonderful seafood and a very friendly and accommodating staff.
Try the local brews!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My first stop in town was at the Arundel Wharf Restaurant. The airline had lost my luggage, so I was not in a good mood. But after 30 seconds here, I felt all warm and fuzzy!!!! I sat by the water, took pics of the port / the schooner Eleanor, and enjoyed some lobster stew and a glass of wine. I returned the next day for lobster / avocado salad and more wine. I just hung out at the casual bar and chatted with the locals / regulars. Fun place!!! Must check it out!!!

1  Thank AmyMcGowen
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is our current favorite restaurant in Kennebunkport, and we have tried them all. I say "current" because things change. David's had been a favorite, but it has gone through changes that have taken it down several notches. I had the Lobster Pasta special. I didn't know lobsters had so many claws. It was very good. My wife had the Greek Shrimp Scampi. This is not to be missed. It was very nicely flavored and not overwhelmed with garlic.

Earlier in the day we stopped by their bar on the pier to cool down and had a couple of beers. That made us hungry, so we had an order of Crab Rangoon. It was simply delightful. that was when we decided to come back for dinner.

Service was excellent both times. There is something clicking with the service team, which is something other restaurants (or banks, or supermarkets...) should figure out how to emulate.

Excellent experience all around.

1  Thank Allyn L