“One of my all time favorite restaurants.”

Arundel Wharf Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 51 Restaurants in Kennebunkport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014

On our recent visit to Kennebunkport on July 1, my husband and I randomly chose this restaurant. We were quickly seated in a semi-circle bench style seat with a river view. Awesome. We ordered some wine and had a great start to the evening. Our server Sarah was excellent and recommended some dinners that we might enjoy. I ordered the salad of the day for dinner that included pistachios and cherries. What a delicious salad. My husband order the lazy lobster, which is 1 1/2 pounds of lobster out of the shell with mashed potatoes and vegetables. He loved it.

Our server Sarah spent some time chatting with us about the area and we thought she was a real asset to the restaurant. Despite some of the recent negative reviews, we thought this place was A+ and deserves a visit. Enjoy.

1  Thank CarolF91

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were in the Kennebunkport Maine area looking for a place on the water for lunch. We stopped at the Arundel wharf a little before 11:30. The deck outside of the restaurant had amble seating.
The waitress came over very quickly to the table took drink orders and also let us know in advance that there we no clam dishes due to high prices of clams and poor quality. They did have mussels which were awesome. There were four people in our party and we split a dish of the mussels steamed with a wine, garlic, butter and herb sauce. The sauce was really great and the portion was perfect for us to share as an appetizer.
Lunch plates included grilled salmon club with bacon, tomatoes and lettuce on sour dough bread, and caesar salad with grilled salmon. I requested the salmon medium ( I have found that many restaurants over cook the salmon) and that was what was delivered. If the club sandwiches were delivered medium rare which is perfect.
The atmosphere was nice and you over looked the canal going into the port area. It was a beautiful day, the service was very prompt and attentive and the food was excellent.
This is probably the best mussels I have had in a restaurant. Next time i would the mussels for my own lunch so i would not have to share!
Get there early when we left at 12:45 all the tables were full and people were waiting.

2  Thank F00dtastic
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I had lunch here upon arrival with my wife and toddler. The location is great. It is situated right along the river with a beautiful deck (covered and uncovered).

The lobster dishes look impressive. I had the lobster club sandwich and my wife had the lobster roll. In both cases the sandwiches were heaping with lobster. But the flavor wasn't there. We think the lobster may have been overcooked. The lobster roll came with a meager half-handful of fries (like they had depleted the fry supply on our order).

Bottom line: this place was fine but not necessarily better than several others in town.

2  Thank DeeBeeChi
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and I have been frequenting Arundel Wharf for years and up until this last visit were very happy. Arrived at about 2:45 (lunch ends at 2:30 and they have a "GRAZING" menu until dinner). I LOVE their cheese, tomato and avocado sandwich (pretty basic I think) that is unfortunately NOT on the grazing menu???!!!! Even kids would enjoy this sandwich. Other entrees have the cheese, tomato and avocado so one would THINK they could provide the sandwich. Answer - NO - we have shifted over to dinner menu. I suggested that they give me a cobb salad but hold the lettuce, etc. and give me the cheese, tomato and avocado and i could make my own sandwich!!!! Sent a letter to the owner Bob Williamson and NO reply. Customer Service???~~~ You would "think" that they would want to SATISFY a customer by providing a simple sandwich - I wasn't ordering a prime rib dinner during the "grazing menu time".

Arundel totally missed the boat - they could have had a VERY satisfied customer by simply providing a simple sandwich. Instead they have lost a loyal customer but I guess it doesn't matter - they must believe that their business is great enough that they don't need to make customers happy. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING!!! I gave the owner a chance to respond before posting on TripAdvisor but I guess he really doesn't care.
P.S. It was my husband's and my 42 wedding anniversary - next year we will NOT be celebrating at Arundel Wharf.

3  Thank manchesternhmoe
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The menu had a great variety. In fact, I had one of the best salads I have had in any restaurant and any price. Wonderful seafood and a very friendly and accommodating staff.
Try the local brews!