“Not horrible, not awful ”

Arundel Wharf Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 51 Restaurants in Kennebunkport
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Had a beautiful view of the water in their outside patio. Our food was perfect for what we were looking for- a light, New England lunch.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Had my first lobster roll & wasn't disappointed. I was thinking the view & scenery would sell this restaurant but the food and great friendly staff lived up to all standards. Wouldn't hesitate to eat there again!

1  Thank Laura B
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I knew my out of state visitors would want water views and lobster when we went to lunch recently. So, since Arundel Wharf has been a favorite of mine for a long time, this is where we headed. We only had to wait about 10 minutes, in comfortable Adirondack chairs, for an umbrella table on the deck overlooking the river, with boats passing by. They chose the lobster club and lobster roll - both packed with lots of lobster. But, after being told they had no fried clams that day (a no-no at any Maine restaurant in the middle of summer) I opted for the crab melt and also an order of sunspots, the Wharf's signature appetizer of French-fried sweet potatoes with a Cajun dipping sauce. My melt was disappointing. The crab had a metallic taste and needed mayo and celery to hold it together. It was served on large slices of toasted bread that were impossible to cut. English muffins would have been a better choice for a base and more like melts I've enjoyed elsewhere. The sunspots were lacking in flavor, too, and the dipping sauce was more like a lump that you applied with a knife, seeming like it was pulled from the fridge and needed heating to make it dip-ready. My friends seemed to love their lobster, which is what I should have gone for. Our waitress seemed harried and forgot my wine. She also never offered dessert or coffee before rushing over with the check. But we weren't rushed off and sat for awhile after paying the bill, talking and enjoying the view. And that, primarily, is what we came for so I will go back again — and likely order lobster.

2  Thank Nancye T
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Five of us arrived at 11:30 great seating on the deck with wonderful views. Had the Lobster salad on avocado and others Salad of the day. Yummy lunch beautiful day loved watching the boats on the water.

1  Thank Witch41
Reviewed 8 July 2014

On our recent visit to Kennebunkport on July 1, my husband and I randomly chose this restaurant. We were quickly seated in a semi-circle bench style seat with a river view. Awesome. We ordered some wine and had a great start to the evening. Our server Sarah was excellent and recommended some dinners that we might enjoy. I ordered the salad of the day for dinner that included pistachios and cherries. What a delicious salad. My husband order the lazy lobster, which is 1 1/2 pounds of lobster out of the shell with mashed potatoes and vegetables. He loved it.

Our server Sarah spent some time chatting with us about the area and we thought she was a real asset to the restaurant. Despite some of the recent negative reviews, we thought this place was A+ and deserves a visit. Enjoy.

1  Thank CarolF91