“Yummy lobster ravioli”

David's KPT
Price range: US$15 - US$36
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Acclaimed Portland chef, David Turin, opened David's KPT in spring of 2013, offering the creative, contemporary cuisine he's known for. Menu items showcase native Maine ingredients with a tastefully creative flair. Featuring outdoor dining, two vibrant bars and Kennebunkport's only Raw Bar, David's KPT has quickly become a fast favorite of locals and guests alike. David's KPT is open seven days a week for lunch, dinner and happy hour, and does not take reservations.
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Yummy lobster ravioli”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband, son, and I went here for lunch on a pretty day last week. The food was delicious. I had lobster ravioli and loved it. It was quite plentiful and could have been shared. The have indoor or outdoor seating and multiple bars. Very classy place, I think, a bit pricey, but then again everything in Kennebunkport is pricey.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Lisamadcat
DiningManager, Manager at David's KPT, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Hello Lisamadcat and thank you for taking the time to share your most recent visit to David's KPT. The lobster ravioli is certainly a house favorite and I'm so glad that you loved it as much as we do. We do hope that next time you and your family are visiting Kennebunkport you stop in to try a few more wonderful choices from our menu. Thank you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Cheshire, Connecticut
“Great location!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent outdoor seating. Enjoyed the food and the ambiance. Loved the Caprese salad - kids ate most of it, so we ordered another. They ate it again! Delicious (but exceptionally rich) open faced lobster ravioli. Great cocktails too!

DavidsKPTGM, General Manager at David's KPT, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Hi Salty1118! Thanks for the great review. You can't beat our ambience both inside and out. The decor inside is lush and pretty. And you can't beat our deck for drinks and dinner. We have the best view in the Port! The Caprese salad is new to our menu but has proven to be very popular and equally delicious. And the lobter ravioli, which is rich, will always be one of our top sellers. Hope you get up to see again soon.
center harbor
“pleasant lunch”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We visited with family for an early Mothers day celebration a few months ago. Very crowded when we arrived and we were ready to leave when a charming hostess mentioned that she may be able to get us seated within 15 minutes. What a nice surprise. Menu was varied and acceptable, the pork loin was great and nicely matched with the sweet potatoes. Bread with dipping oil also good. Family members had the haddock and enjoyed that as well. Service was prompt and courteous. Good experience.

• Visited May 2014
Hi freddi g! We really appreciated hearing from you this week. I'm glad that you chose to celebrate Mother's Day with us and I'm especially glad you had such a great experience. We were definitely crowded, but except for a few tables everyone was sat within 30 minutes, thanks to our great host staff. We agree with you that our menu is varied. David has worked hard creating a menu that appeals to a broad base, that is approachable and yummy. Whenever I'm crazing comfort food the pork with sweet potatoes is my go to dish. We hope to see you again soon!

Jeff Fightmaster
207.967.8225
Rehoboth, Massachusetts
“Waitstaff needs training!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband and I went to David's for a late lunch and to sit on the deck and admire the view. Great place to sit outdoors but service leaves much to be desired. We ordered Oysters and asked our waiter about the different types, his response was "I'm not the oyster guy" and didn't offer to find out. We ordered a couple of each, very good but pricey, I don't mind paying for good food, but at least have a waiter who seems to care! Drinks were pricey too, there are similar places to eat in Kennebunkport that actually seem to want your business.

• Visited June 2014
DiningManager, Manager at David's KPT, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Hello travelbugs, thank you for taking the time to share your constructive criticism. As a lover of oysters, I too would have been truly disappointed by the server's lack of knowledge. Since reading this review, we have actively reminded our staff to utilize the staff shucking oysters in the new oyster bar. They are fully educated on the shape, size, brininess, and how to make recommendations based on people's preferences. We have also reminded them, that regardless of the question, it is their job to get the answer. This is primarily important with regards to the menu, but equally important when it comes to sharing the closest beach with you and our favorite ice cream shop. I really am glad that you brought your experience to our attention so we can continue to share information with our team, ultimately making them better servers. I do hope you give us a try next time you are in town so we can demonstrate that an educated staff is our priority.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Dinner”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Food adequate, amenities such as lobster bibs, wash and drys non existent. Wait staff pleasant and competent. Issue is management. Owner chased us out the door after review, but really was not interested in listening, only to argue we were wrong. So much for the "customer is always right." Won't ever go back.

• Visited July 2014
DavidsKPTGM, General Manager at David's KPT, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Hi Memike329! Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit last night to David's KPT. Clearly we did not meet your expectations and for that I am sorry.

You mention that problem is with management. You said the same thing on your comment card last night. However you had no interest in having a conversation with me about it. In fact, after the server handed me the card, I had to chase you out to the street to even get you to stop to try and talk about it. And after 30 seconds it became clear to me and you assured me that I was correct that your entire experience was ruined by the lack a lobster bib. Every good thing we did like the food was cancelled out by the lack of a lobster bib. The amazing conversation you had with the bartender was deemed null and void because of the absence of a lobster bib. The great service you insisted you had, overruled by a lobster bib.

If you'd actually been interested in having a conversation last night you would have actually asked to speak with me while you were still seated at a table. You'd also have heard me when I introduced myself as the general manager and would have known I was the not the owner. I did not argue that you were wrong. I just didn't know how to respond to someone who's entire meal was ruined by a lobster bib.

You asked what happened to the "customer is always right." There are lots of mantras that I live my life by. There are lots of mantras that I embrace in the duties of my job. "The customer is always right." is not one of them. The customer is not always right, BUT the customer ALWAYS deserves to be heard and respected and that was the opportunity I was providing you when I followed you into the parking lot.

In a year of business this is the first time I've had anyone complain about the lack of lobster bibs. If you'd brought it to my attention last night I would have gladly gotten you extra napkins, even towels to facilitate your needs. As for wet naps we have boxes of them in dry storage. If you'd asked I would have been happy to get your some.

As the general manager I really do go out of my way to make sure that every guest who walks through our door has an enjoyable visit. I spend hours out of my day speaking to our guests, finding out about their lives, their homes and their experiences in our restaurant. I will gladly have any offending item recooked and will without fail not make anyone pay for something they feel is not up to their standards. But I can only do this if the guest is willing to bring it to our attention in the moment. You were not the only customer complaint I had last night, but you were the only one I was unable to make better and for that I'm truly sorry.

Jeff Fightmaster