“Disappointed.”

Ocean Cape Arundel Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Cape Arundel Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$13 - US$45
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: If you’ve ever dined on a luxury ocean liner, you know: Water all around piques your appetite, invites you to slow down and enthralls throughout a meal like no other show on earth. And if you haven’t, that experience awaits at the Cape Arundel Inn & Resort’s glass-walled, waterfront, fine dining restaurant: Ocean. Memorable evenings at Ocean begin with cocktails, like our Maine maple syrup-sweetened Amber Sky, on the inn’s relaxing front porch or at the bar. Continue your culinary journey in the dining room, where every table has a view of the frothy blue sea. Chef Pierre Gignac’s creative menus change with the seasons, showcasing not only Maine-caught seafood in signature dishes like Lobster Thermidor, but the best of what is grown, raised and produced locally. His eye-pleasing creations take inspiration, too, from across the Atlantic. Expect the familiar flavors of southern France and the Mediterranean with intriguing new twists, plus an international selection of wines.
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We brought our Granddaughter for her birthday dinner last evening. Dinner at Cape Arundel Inn has been a family tradition for us for many years. We were quite dismayed by everything except the wonderful and familiar view. Lobster need not be served with chipotle , a smoked flavour. The delicate lobster is enough to satisfy most palettes. Although service was polite and friendly, it was not what one expects at a place of fine dining. The deserts were extremely good.

Maurice M, Manager at Ocean Cape Arundel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

I love hearing about family traditions, especially when they involve The Cape Arundel Inn. I'm surprised to hear that you didn't enjoy the lobster, but in an area inundated with variations on lobster, I think it's nice to have a little variety. The chef uses a smoked tomato coulis on the plate, with a bit of imported paprika to enrich the flavors of native Maine lobster. I must agree that our desserts are a perfect way to end the meal. We look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

We so enjoyed our whole experience at Ocean. Perfect food, rainbow view, and felt like we celebrated 14 years of marriage in style! We felt very taken care of. Our particular favorites were gazpacho soup, frogs legs, and the caramel pear upside-down cake. Thank You!

1  Thank AEGJ

Thank you for joining us on your anniversary. We do our best to schedule rainbows on special dates but sometimes it can be challenging to arrange one. I believe we had one of the best of the year when you were here, so I'm happy you came. What would spectacular views at a restaurant be without spectacular food? Thank you for your compliments.

Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

My wife and I dined there on Wednesday evening September 11, 2013.

This restaurant offers beautiful views of the ocean and of the residence of former President George H.W. Bush. However, that is where it ends.

First, before dinner, we sat on the outside porch hoping to enjoy a couple of glasses of wine before dinner. Unfortunately, the tables were cluttered with trash from previous guests and had not been cleaned. I also had to walk inside and request service even though a hostess in a green dress and a server with nothing to do were standing by the front picture window and claimed that "they did not see any guests out there". Interesting because tables and seats were full. Wine list was nice but service went downhill from there.

Service at dinner was equally bad or worse. Food was average at best. Priced on the high side with smaller sized portions prepared in a less than impressive manner.

Way too many outstanding restaurants in The area to waste your time and money with this place.

2  Thank Balloonguy5731

I'm sorry to hear the lack of service you received when you dined with us. The porch is a great place to enjoy a cocktail, unfortunately you had difficulty in doing so. We are constantly striving to make advances in the level of service we offer, and guest satisfaction is a priority of ours.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I'm a bit partial because I just celebrated a wedding event here and we selected some fine foods for the night. I will say this... The 50 guests all loved how the food was prepared. The presentation and portions were terrific. The new chef was extremely well prepared for our guests to be able to truly enjoy their dining experience. He is top notch at preparing wonderful meals.

On behalf of our chef and his staff, I would like to thank you for choosing us and for your compliments. Chef Gignac works very hard on each and every plate, and I must agree that his efforts show. We look forward to having you again, and I wish you success with your marriage.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Pierre is a wonderful Chef and his food is delightful. But he needs a better manager to schedule guests and train wait staff. On our third trip to the restaurant we waited for one hour before our first course came. The waiter was rushing about and not certain of the wine we wanted. In fact all the waiters were in a terrible rush for some reason. I had raved about the restaurant to my guests and was distressed when my friend's swordfish was not cooked. It was quickly replaced and delicious the second time around. Others had scallops and salmon and found them excellent. it is hard to get a reservation here because the place has some charm and the food is so good. But better execution perhaps by adding more help in the kitchen would make the dining experience more enjoyable.

Maurice M, Manager at Ocean Cape Arundel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

It's nice to hear that you were raving about our restaurant to your guests. We work towards a better dining experience every day, and I do hope you choose us again for our unbeatable food and views.