“Five-star dining without the attitude!”

Ocean Cape Arundel Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Cape Arundel Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$13 - US$45
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: If you’ve ever dined on a luxury ocean liner, you know: Water all around piques your appetite, invites you to slow down and enthralls throughout a meal like no other show on earth. And if you haven’t, that experience awaits at the Cape Arundel Inn & Resort’s glass-walled, waterfront, fine dining restaurant: Ocean. Memorable evenings at Ocean begin with cocktails, like our Maine maple syrup-sweetened Amber Sky, on the inn’s relaxing front porch or at the bar. Continue your culinary journey in the dining room, where every table has a view of the frothy blue sea. Chef Pierre Gignac’s creative menus change with the seasons, showcasing not only Maine-caught seafood in signature dishes like Lobster Thermidor, but the best of what is grown, raised and produced locally. His eye-pleasing creations take inspiration, too, from across the Atlantic. Expect the familiar flavors of southern France and the Mediterranean with intriguing new twists, plus an international selection of wines.
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We had a wonderful, if unexpected, meal at Ocean during our stay in September. We hadn't planned to dine in the restaurant, but the menu looked good and the aromas wafting from the kitchen drew us in.

We're glad we did! The food -- from apps through dessert -- was consistently excellent. The service was attentive, but not intrusive. In fact, our waiter Patrick was quite fun. There was nothing "stuffy" about this place and most of the guests were dressed casually.

The ambiance can't be beat. We had a before-dinner drink on the porch, looking out over the ocean, watching the moon rise.

Why fight the crowds in town when you can find food this good in a much prettier setting? Highly recommended, whether you are staying at the Inn or not.

Maurice M, Manager at Ocean Cape Arundel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you very much for your great comments. We are so pleased that you had such an enjoyable experience. That is our purpouse here, and this gives it a truthful meaning.
From the team at Ocean, thank you again.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

First off the location is excellent so the ambience is terrific. You will be overlooking the Atlantic Ocean in a clean porch like environment. Food is excellent, but what we have found this last time staying and eating at This Inn is the staff are all novice.....high school caliber. From the front desk staff to the wait staff you can tell they have no experience in a high end resort. This is the biggest change we have noticed over the last year. Servers should know what side to serve on. The front desk help have little to no knowledge on the surrounding area and can't make a reservation for you. They like to giggle and flirt with each other versus focus their customers.
We love this Inn and come back just about every year. I want the new owners to succeed, but they lost some of the Inns charm by hiring inexperienced support staff. I think it all can be corrected with a little management and training. New Owners should train and inspect what they expect for a high end resort like this

From all of us at the Cape Arundel Inn, thank you for your feedbacks. We deeply regret your dissatisfaction with the service. We will take all of those comments under consideration and keep improving our standards of service.
I hope you will find a way to join us again, and enjoy our ocean view and our fine food.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

The food was very good, we had veal, done perfectly. The servers were very attentive. My only negative comment is that the manager kept visiting the table next to us and bumping me with his arm or back side. Never said excuse me.

1  Thank Stellas_mom1025
Maurice M, Manager at Ocean Cape Arundel Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Allow me to take this opportunity to say excuse me, and please accept my apology for bumping you. I know that this could have been disruptive to your experience. I am happy to hear, however, that you enjoyed your dinner and that the service was attentive.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stayed at the Cape Arundel Inn for dinner, and very much enjoyed the dinner. We were looking forward to a lobster dinner, but they ran out that night - only dish on the menu to have lobster too. A little disappointed, but overall I would recommend this place for dinner.

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to get the lobster. I'm sure you understand that in order to serve the freshest food possible, we must prepare it daily, and sometimes we aren't able to prepare enough. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your dinner regardless. Thanks for the recommendation!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We brought our Granddaughter for her birthday dinner last evening. Dinner at Cape Arundel Inn has been a family tradition for us for many years. We were quite dismayed by everything except the wonderful and familiar view. Lobster need not be served with chipotle , a smoked flavour. The delicate lobster is enough to satisfy most palettes. Although service was polite and friendly, it was not what one expects at a place of fine dining. The deserts were extremely good.

I love hearing about family traditions, especially when they involve The Cape Arundel Inn. I'm surprised to hear that you didn't enjoy the lobster, but in an area inundated with variations on lobster, I think it's nice to have a little variety. The chef uses a smoked tomato coulis on the plate, with a bit of imported paprika to enrich the flavors of native Maine lobster. I must agree that our desserts are a perfect way to end the meal. We look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future.