“Lives up to their reputation”

Stripers Waterside Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Stripers Waterside Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 51 Restaurants in Kennebunkport
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Grill
Good for: View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Trolley Stop across the street during summer months.
Description: Stripers features local seafood on the water with a sunset view of the river and ocean, private beach, and a waterside bar. Have a drink and an appetizer in one of our adirondack chairs on our lawn, or come inside for a great meal, with plenty of options for those who would prefer an alternative to seafood.
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I read great reviews about this restaurant and I'm happy to report that they live up to their reputation. The oysters were so fresh and the fish'n'chips was ridiculously amazing and so was the yellowfin tuna. I want to come back for lunch to enjoy the view.

2  Thank RafeNewYork

Reviewed 15 August 2011

I generally have low expectations for any restaurant from York to Kennebunkport. Stripers is one of the few places that I would recommend.

The cocktails and food were good, the service was good, the view is great. Make sure you sit outside.

1  Thank BostonFoodSnob
Reviewed 16 July 2011

We arrived at 7:30 to watch sunset from one of the tables by the window. Wow, what a view! This is definitely the place to be at sunset. The fact that the food was also terrific was definitely an added bonus! I had a 1.5 lb lobster chilled with a spicy mayo that was terrific, and my husband had oysters followed by scallops, which he also loved. We will definitely go back here on our next trip to Kennebunkport!

Reviewed 28 June 2011

Stripers has a great view and atmosphere. The service is great. Their food is okay. For the prices they are charging the food should be much better. I ordered their local lettuce, the salad was bland, not much going on. Their mussels were not good. There was not enough broth, and they were a little off tasting.
Their drinks are good.

2  Thank suziefay
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Lovely setting. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Stripers. The lobster salad appetizer with watermelon and pea shoots was delicious and light. My husband's oysters were great and so was the lobster (a bit small) he ordered. Our server was attentive and the dessert was delicious- chocolate pie with nutella whipped cream.