My wife and I spent Memorial Day weekend here and really enjoyed our stay. We were in Cottage number 9 which was rather small. It was advertised with a water view, but the view was of the edge of the cove and while we were there the cove was at low tide during the day, so mostly we had a mud view.
On the plus side, the bed was crazy-amazing comfortable. It was truly on par with the bed we just had at the Four Seasons in Chicago. We also loved the charming appearance of the grounds including lush landscaping. It was also very quiet and seemed to attract a more mature set, which we really liked. You get a reserved parking space which was nice too. The room was tiny, particularly the bedroom area (no nightstands, narrow space on either side of the bed, but I don't expect more from a cabin or cottage rental.
The only real criticism I have is that our Interaction with the staff was sort of touch-and-go and there were two incidents worth mentioning in all fairness.
The staff was absolutely friendly and we liked that. However when visited the office for restaurant recomendations (the guide book in the room said local menus were available in the office), the manager on duty wasn't very knowledgable and ended up Googling restaurants for us. We could have done as much on our iPad (they have free WiFi - another plus).
Finally, on Sunday, our housekeeper knocked on our door just after 10 am to ask if we wanted service. We said we would but asked how long housekeeping would be available. She told us until 1030. So, we scrambled to get dressed and we headed out for our bike ride earlier than planned. When we returned to the room after 100 pm, we were surprised to find it not made up. Worse, the housekeepers were still making up the cottages - so much for housekeeping not being available after 1030 am. In fairness, our room was made up while we sat out by the cove, but this was close to 2 pm. Again, had we not been told otherwise, we would have enjoyed a more leisurely morning and not rushed to get out of the room.
Overall, we would definitely recommend this place to friends. The prices were very good, the property was charming and well kept, and the staff for the most part was friendly, if not too helpful at times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Upscale lodging located on the Cabot Cove. Sixteen pristine, designer decorated cottages. Five star service. Gourmet breakfast bag delivered to your cottage each morning. Picnic lunches, spa services, canoes and kayaks available. The perfect spot in a perfect seaside town. We look forward to welcoming you to Kennebunkport and Cabot Cove. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Cottages at Cabot Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottages At Cabot Cove Hotel Kennebunkport
- The Cottages At Cabot Cove Kennebunkport, Maine