Anxiously anticipated this little vacation. I prepared myself for disappointment on the drive from Logan as the pictures and articles about the Cottages at Cabot Cove seemed too good to be true. Seriously. It was all TRUE. Enchanting. Relaxing. The lush, natural landscaping and the sounds of just plain nature were divine. And those cottages!!!!
EXACTLY like the pictures. Charming, clean as a whistle and cozy. Screened doors leading out to Adirondack chairs for some reading and reflecting. A few steps down the path is the cove with a little dock stacked with kayaks. Just the sound of my footsteps walking along that path of crushed seashells gently whispered "Hey, you're in Maine".
I'll admit, for about 20 minutes I was a bit perplexed as to how we would make do in such a small space. No problem. Once the clothes were hung up and suitcase stashed out of the way under the bed, the hubs found outlets for electronics and were good to go.
Kitchen had everything, though we just used the fridge and Keurig. Even though this place isn't a B & B, they graciously leave an insulated green bag on a hook outside the door early in the morning. Breakfast. A carafe of OJ and over the days we found muffins, egg sandwiches, yogurt, coffee cake and boiled eggs. A nice start to a lazy day.
Speaking of lazy, I love that this is an unpretentious atmosphere. People were just as un-kept after day 1 as we were! You just don't worry about dressing to go into a lobby or even sit on the porch at some of the other places in town. Relax. Messed up hair and all. I had to remind my husband (a suit and tie guy) to take a shower.
There are bikes available and it was a short (really short) five minute bike ride to the beach just south of the cottages. A short 5 minute bike ride north of the cottages takes you to Dock Square to pick up the daily lobster roll and/or clam strips at the Crab Shack (cash) or to HB Provisions to stock up on libations, snacks and Whoopie Pies! We also grabbed a bite at Market Day. We brought clothes for a nice dinner out, but were too relaxed to pull ourselves together to make the effort to get dressed up. That's what The Cottages at Cabot Cove will do to a person.
As beautiful as some of the new places in town are, my money will go back to these little cottages. I don't need to be seen with the trendy crowd on a vacation. I want to pull my hair up, put on a sweatshirt and eat a Whoopie Pie with a glass of wine (for dinner) in a lovely cottage by a little cove. This is what a getaway in Maine is all about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Upscale lodging located on the Cabot Cove. Sixteen pristine, designer decorated cottages. Five star service. Gourmet breakfast bag delivered to your cottage each morning. Picnic lunches, spa services, canoes and kayaks available. The perfect spot in a perfect seaside town. We look forward to welcoming you to Kennebunkport and Cabot Cove. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Cottages at Cabot Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottages At Cabot Cove Hotel Kennebunkport
- The Cottages At Cabot Cove Kennebunkport, Maine