“Great Chowder and Wonderful Scallop Linguini”
Review of Lucas On 9 - CLOSED

Lucas On 9
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 11 October 2011

My wife and I stopped at Lucas on 9 after an all-day drive from Montreal to Goose Rocks. We were tired and hungry. With no reservations we ended up waiting in the bar for a table - no hardship for me since they had a few local craft beers on tap and in bottles.
When we were finally seated I ordered the Clam Chowder and the Scallop Pasta with vodka. My wife had a mussel appetizer and a lobster tail and salad combo. I'm a fan of creamy thick chowder and Lucas' chowder is nothing if not creamy - really excellent. The linguini was al dente and (no exaggeration) overflowing with perfectly cooked scallops. Great sauce to compliment them.
My wife's mussels, steamed in a wine sauce, were plump and well cooked. The lobster tail was marginally oversone but still very good. Service (by the owner's niece I think) was friendly and professional.
We were so pleased with the meal we ate there the next night as well. On our second trip we limited our selection to the chowder and a lobster stew. The former was as good as the previous night. The latter - the lobster stew - would be better described as a bisque or soup with lobster pieces . An excellent cream based dish with a well balanced roux and wine foundation it had a depth of flavour we both appreciated. A bit more lobster would have made it even better. Service again was fine.

Reviewed 29 September 2011

Attractive restaurant, with a good bar and varied selection on the menu. A real plus is the "$10 cash crunch" menu, which both my friend and I utilized and it was well-prepared and tasty.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

My husband and I were staying in Kennebunkport and the innkeeper suggested Lucas on 9 for dinner. It was our 46th anniversary and we were late getting to the resort after a long day of travel. From the time we arrived at Lucas' restaurant, we were treated as special guests. The atmosphere was warm and inviting. I had the Vodka Scallops and they were great, very tender and flavorful. They offered a half meal, which was more than enough for me. We shared a 3 layer moose for dessert that was to die for. It wasn't expensive but it certainly could have been. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is in the area.

Reviewed 23 September 2011

We stayed in Biddeford Pool this summer. Our extended family wanted a place that was reasonably priced and had food that was a good representation of Maine - including the local seafood plus had to accommodate a large group. We called ahead (suggested) and made reservations for 10. When we arrived, they were prepared. It didn't take long for the waitress to bring some fresh baked bread to the table and takes orders. She was great - didn't hover but knew when to approach us. We ordered oysters (a special) and mussels that were local and delicious. Our main courses were generous, well prepared by a chef that knew exactly what he or she was doing. Even the kids, who are picky eaters, loved their meals. The desserts were also very good and large enough to split between two people. I suggest the next time you're in the Kennebunkport area, you stop here.

Reviewed 21 September 2011

This is a cute restaurant and I really wanted to like it. However, the food just wasn't good. My son had bland lobster mac and cheese. I had lobster risotto that wasn't cooked-rice was very hard and creamy at all. Child at table next to us didn't like his hamburger. Older couple next to us kept sending their food back-vegetables weren't cooked, fish was really bad. I wouldn't return or recommend it.